Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , can anyone point me in the direction to look for the external temperature sensor on a i20 2011 model ?
It's currently 3°c here and the dash display is reading 40°c so somethings not right .
Would be grateful of any assistance .

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,118 Posts
I've never had to replace one on an i20, but they are usually located behind the lower grill on the front bumper. You can usually get to the sensor without removing the bumper....but I came across this snippet of info on Google :

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello, I can see my see my sensor on a 2011, It is just inside the bumper air grill, as located in the above picture, I know it is the dashboard display sensor, because when sprayed with cooling spray, the dash reading drops. The other thing is the temp will read 40 if no sensor is wired in. ( we also have a i30 trophy with no sensor and the display read 40 ). So if a wire has broken or come loose it will also read 40. So if a new sensor doesn't solve the readout then trace all the wiring and check all plugs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi , can anyone point me in the direction to look for the external temperature sensor on a i20 2011 model ?
It's currently 3°c here and the dash display is reading 40°c so somethings not right .
Would be grateful of any assistance .

Any advice on UK / RH drive location? It's definitely not in the location on the photo!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts