Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever pulled these off? I'd like to pull these off to either get them body matched same color or flat black paint....

they are plasti dipped now but since they are the most touched part of the car, i've already had to re-do them once and don't want to keep re doing them every few months

they were chrome before if you're wondering why

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am afraid I can't give you any suggestions.

Since you have 2013 model shouldn't wear of door handle be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I am afraid I can't give you any suggestions.

Since you have 2013 model shouldn't wear of door handle be covered under warranty?
The plastidip wasn't from the factory.

Im sure you could swap them for some GLS handles.

·
Registered
726 Posts
do you have push button entry? GLS models dont have this. I dropped mine off at a paint shop to have mine painted. 2+ years and no signs of chipping.

·
22,788 Posts
Pop off the black plug on the door to gain access to the bolt holding the handle on. It's about the size of a quarter or half-dollar in circumference. Takes a 10mm socket to remove the bolt. DON'T drop it down inside the door! Handle slips out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,285 Posts
Good to know, Rich.

My door handles are starting to look a little beat. May look into something like this once warmer weather rolls around.

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have to remove them from the inside, on the corner of the door is a type of cap that you pull off giving you access to the bolt holding it in place.

You don't need to remove the door panel btw.
right on!

Pop off the black plug on the door to gain access to the bolt holding the handle on. It's about the size of a quarter or half-dollar in circumference. Takes a 10mm socket to remove the bolt. DON'T drop it down inside the door! Handle slips out.
good thing i have magnetic sockets! haha. i may tackle this soon depending if i can find a body shop to do this for cheap to match the paint hopefully...otherwise i'll just sand them down real good and flat black PAINT, not plasti dip, that way it doesn't peel. i just HATE chrome!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I want to replace my black handles with chrome handles. Will I need to rekey my car if I replace the driver's handle? Or do the lock tumblers come out?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts