Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 Hyundai Elantra Sport

I was looking for a way to increase the range of my keyless entry. I found a couple tutorials online which mention soldering a wire to the key fobs antenna. Unfortunately I'm not sure what part of the PCB is the antenna on the Hyundai key fob.

https://lifehacker.com/improve-the-range-of-your-cars-keyless-remote-with-a-l-603309003

I find it funny that the picture Lifehacker used is a Hyundai/Kia key fob but the actual tutorial shows a completely different key fob.

I've included a picture and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you are going to modify an antenna, then it would probably be better to modify the receiving antenna in the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are going to modify an antenna, then it would probably be better to modify the receiving antenna in the car.
Do you know where that is located? I'd like to look at all options. Any good guides out there regarding this modification?

Trying to avoid having to spend to much on an aftermarket security or car starter. Only looking for a little extra range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts