Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just received a call stating that my warranty had expired. It was an automated machine, did not state which warranty it was, and the caller ID showed "0" as the number... I was in an area with bad service so the call cut off midway.

Now I don't have any extended warranties, had maintenance done exactly as the manual states, and never had any problems with my dealership. I called corporate and they tell me there are no records of out going calls to my number. I got a case number and the guy told me he'll put his notes on it if anything.

Anyone else had something like this happen to them? Is this one of those I hear so often on TV? :confused:

Edit: Oh yeah, I did find out that wheel alignment is covered under "Adjustments" within one year, unlimited miles. So I guess there was some good out of this...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Alignment is normally a 12 month/12,000 mile item

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
It's one of those companies that cold-calls people and tries to swindle them into buying an aftermarket warranty and some of which, if you read the fine print, don't actually cover anything at all. I got that same recording a few months ago and just hung up on it.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I did receive this sort of notice which I also found not associated with either Hyundai or my dealer. Disregard it as I did.

·
22,793 Posts
Same here! 9 months into ownership, I get this mail offer to buy an extended warranty sine mine "would be expiring soon." Sheesh, how many folks fall for this? Someone should put these crooks in their place!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
It's one of those companies that cold-calls people and tries to swindle them into buying an aftermarket warranty and some of which, if you read the fine print, don't actually cover anything at all. I got that same recording a few months ago and just hung up on it.
This. I get a couple calls a month and as many as a dozen mailings offering me warranties now that my warranty has expired. Just ignore it.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I get calls about my warranty expiring on a truck I no longer even own...exactly as stated above, just sales people cold calling and trying to scare people into buying a warranty from their company.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Anyone else had something like this happen to them? Is this one of those I hear so often on TV? :confused:
I don't know what you see on TV but it is a sales scam.

And "robo calls" are illegal in the US.....although enforcement seems to be difficult at the moment.

If you haven't already, you probably will be getting letters and cards in the mail making similar claims and trying to take your money.

I was amazed to find out that in my state, the Sec. of State makes more money by SELLING lists of new car registrations to "marketers". :mad:

·
22,793 Posts
I was amazed to find out that in my state, the Sec. of State makes more money by SELLING lists of new car registrations to "marketers". :mad:
That's horrible...and where, may I ask, is this influx of money earmarked to go?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
That's horrible...and where, may I ask, is this influx of money earmarked to go?
Same place that license and title fees go.
The state needs the money......badly....but it still irks me.

I must have gotten 30 similar scam-ish offers in the mail during the year after I got my last car.

I get so MANY scam letters and phone calls that I occasionally throw away a legitimate bill and hang up on people that I actually know. It's getting on my last nerve.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alignment is normally a 12 month/12,000 mile item
Ah yes, you're right. I must have mistaken it with something else corporate was telling me.

I'm glad I'm not the only getting these calls. Any way to track them back to whatever company is calling us with these BS calls?

·
Registered
417 Posts
hang up on people that I actually know
We get so many robo calls, that I answer the phone "hello" count 1,2,3; and then hang-up. If my friends and family don't reply immediately, they call back.

where, may I ask, is this influx of money earmarked to go?
Rich, name one state that actually has a line number in the budget for such earmarked income and associated expense. Most of the time, things like that go into the general budget and get diluted with other "more worthwhile" budget items.

I come from Illinois where years ago, they promised that, if passed, lottery procedes were to go for education, which they now do. What they didn't tell us was that other money was removed from the education budget making the net, zero.

·
22,793 Posts
I come from Illinois where years ago, they promised that, if passed, lottery procedes were to go for education, which they now do. What they didn't tell us was that other money was removed from the education budget making the net, zero.
I sure would like to act surprised by this. But it would be a stretch of the imagination. A lengthy stretch!

Ah, government "of the people, for the people, & by the people." Only one thing wrong with this. I think "the people" has been eradicated from the process. LOL insert your favorite noun or adjective into the omitted verbiage. ;)

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Any way to track them back to whatever company is calling us with these BS calls?
Switch to VOIP phone, with the web interface and everything. It gives you full control over who can call your home, and at what time of day. Setting up the rules is more satisfying that popping bubble wrap. :p

As for those aftermarket warranty companies which robo-call your home pretending to be your car's manufacturer, they are quite possibly the lowest form of life on earth. Even flies won't land on them.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Switch to VOIP phone, with the web interface and everything. It gives you full control over who can call your home,
I don't like VOIP on principle but that might be a good option for some.

How would that help for those robo calls that send a fake CID and keep changing the numbers ?? I assume that you would have to build a "white list" and keep it updated with those who you want to allow ?? It would be much easier to just shoot the offenders.......if you could just find them. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I don't like VOIP on principle
What principle would that be? We switched a year ago and couldn't be happier. $10 extra on the cable bill a month and we got every feature Ma Bell offered for fee after fee after fee. No long distance charges in the US a battery backed-up VOIP modem that gives 45 minutes of charge. Oh, and it bumped the broadband speed from 20Mbps downstream to 30Mbps. Can't tell the difference between the VOIP sound quality and the plain old copper lines.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
What principle would that be?

a battery backed-up VOIP modem that gives 45 minutes of charge.
Reliability mostly.

The battery in your modem won't do squat if the power fails at a repeater/distribution site where they do NOT have battery backup.

The subdivision I live in has something similar to that available.
I don't know the details but I do know that twice in the last 3 months during minor storms, the TV and Internet has gone off......and we can't report it to anybody because the office has IP based phone service and of course, that was down too.

I don't want to see what happens during a major storm.

OH, and if they are REAL successful at marketing their services, there will probably come a time when it all suffers.
I've been there and done that and it takes months and MONTHS to up the capacity and solve the problem.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
We have VOIP at home through Comcast and frankly, I'm not a fan because when the power goes out, the phone goes, too which isn't a problem with a traditional land line. When I get my own place, I'll be sticking with the tried and true.

That being said, let's get this topic back on track, please. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts