Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking for your suggestions:00000732:.. I have 2011 elentra. Im looking forward to changing my original radiator grille n lower grille.. If you have any kool suggestions please reply:rolleyes:. If you got pictures that will be awesome:).. My mods so far: LEDs interior, license plate, led tail lights, reverse lights, reflectors, and glossy dual diffuser. I'm taking baby steps:cool:.. I'll update pictures later.. Ttyl guys take care:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevinvu nice headlights.. Where you get these?? Did you install them or you bought them online?? I'm trying find the eye liner headlights like Audi like but unfortunately need to open headlight to make it happen.. Not sure if I want do that:confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kevinvu nice headlights.. Where you get these?? Did you install them or you bought them online?? I'm trying find the eye liner headlights like Audi like but unfortunately need to open headlight to make it happen.. Not sure if I want do that:confused:
I bought the Eagle Eyes black projector halo + LED strip for mine and I've been very happy. Direct replacement, no opening or need to mod your existing lights.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jbiesent so u got the Audi like headlights dang must be awesome:eek: you have pictures lol I think I seen them on ebay.. Can u put hids on your headlights??Yea trying to replace my grilles.. Not big fan of chrome not here much because of work:mad:.. Hit backB)lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jbisent give me the website to check them out:). That a direct order lolB)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jbiesent so u got the Audi like headlights dang must be awesome:eek: you have pictures lol I think I seen them on ebay.. Can u put hids on your headlights??Yea trying to replace my grilles.. Not big fan of chrome not here much because of work:mad:.. Hit backB)lol
Yep, those are the ones. Here are the ones I bought from the same seller. 2011 2013 Elantra Projector Headlights ONE Halo CCFL Chrome LED Strip NEW | eBay

I took the included halogens out of them after about 2 days. They worked great, but I was already running HIDs previously with my stock housings. These new lights look even better with the HIDs.

As for the chrome, I hear you. The less is better in my opinion. Instead of replacing my entire grill, I plastidip'd the chrome Hyundai logo and the fins in matte black. Looks great also. There's some pics in my garage of it if you're interested.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yep, those are the ones. Here are the ones I bought from the same seller. 2011 2013 Elantra Projector Headlights ONE Halo CCFL Chrome LED Strip NEW | eBay

I took the included halogens out of them after about 2 days. They worked great, but I was already running HIDs previously with my stock housings. These new lights look even better with the HIDs.

As for the chrome, I hear you. The less is better in my opinion. Instead of replacing my entire grill, I plastidip'd the chrome Hyundai logo and the fins in matte black. Looks great also. There's some pics in my garage of it if you're interested.
JB, so correct me if I'm wrong - So with your headlights, you'd be able to see the halo light and strip light designs during the day as if they're daytime running lights correct? I would also assume there's no way to see the Halo at night when the HID bulbs are lit up or will it still be visible because of the projector style?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kool

Hey jbiesent thanks for replyingB).. So you said u dipped it? Did u cover the radiator or just dipped it. Yea if you got pictures that be great:). Like ppl ideas in here! The m&s grill look nice but pricy:mad:lol. I'm gonna load some pictures hopefully I remember :confused:.. Check those headlight are tight;).. First thing first give rid my chrome grilles:p.. Peace reply backB)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ghernandez:00000732:.. If you got pictures of your headlight @ night n day will be awesomeB).. Here pretty new not sure what to do lol. Wanna see how those headlight at night time! I guess plastidip is here to stay. I guess you the one plastidipped also?? Just trying get rid my chrome grilles:(. I Work in law enforcement in beach town:D.. So looking for ppl'z kool ideas n that a direct order:rolleyes: lol.. Ghernandez ill try post some pictures If iremember:confused:.. Until then peace be with you:)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Headlights

I don't have any day pictures of the light output if that's what you're asking for because it's not visible during the day.

Just night shots. These pictures are also in my garage.

Oh, and I didn't plastidip. I'm not a fan of that. It's custom gloss pearl black paint job. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gman

Wow nice lights gmanB).. I'll get them later.. I'll buy myself x-mas gift and wrap them myself:eek:.. I'll post pictures laterB).. Hope I remember. Does it have the Audi like eyeliner.. That 6k hidz I bet:) I'm so behind on my mods.. I'm so jealous:(.. What u recommend on getting rid of grilles:p.. Any suggestion will be awesome:cool:.. Ttyl be safe:rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
headlights

Are those halo headlights DRL??

·
Registered
115 Posts
JB, so correct me if I'm wrong - So with your headlights, you'd be able to see the halo light and strip light designs during the day as if they're daytime running lights correct? I would also assume there's no way to see the Halo at night when the HID bulbs are lit up or will it still be visible because of the projector style?
Hey Ghernandez, correct with the DRLs. You can see the halo and strip during the day. My car is Canadian so it lights the high beam bulb at half power for the DRL (I'm not sure if the US models do the same by default). To get my halos and LEDs on, I just switch the lights to the first click on the stalk, parking lights I think.

As for at night, you can really see the LED and halos well because of the projectors. It's pretty amazing how little visible light comes out of the housings until you get right down at eye level with the projectors.

From the side of the car at night, you can only see the LED and halo, you can't see any light reflection at all in the housings. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jb?? How you post pictures I forgot:confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey jbiesent thanks for replyingB).. So you said u dipped it? Did u cover the radiator or just dipped it. Yea if you got pictures that be great:). Like ppl ideas in here! The m&s grill look nice but pricy:mad:lol. I'm gonna load some pictures hopefully I remember :confused:.. Check those headlight are tight;).. First thing first give rid my chrome grilles:p.. Peace reply backB)
Hey Beto,

I removed the chrome trim piece entirely when I sprayed it. It took a little more time but I'm very happy with the result, and theres no overspray anywhere. You have to remove the front bumper (only 2 main bolts) and then you have to remove another 6 or so small screws that hold the trim in place from the bumper.

There's some good guides on the site by others that I followed to remove the bumper and get at the piece.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts