Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BlueIguana carwash in St. Louis, advised me that the shark fin style, roof antenna on my 2017 Ioniq has a defective connection. I was told that I could proceed through the car wash at my own risk, but if the antenna came off they would not cover the damage and that the cost of replacement would be approximately $600, because it would require going through the interior roof or headboard, etc.

The attendant said the company has taken the position that the antenna attachment is defective, a problem with the manufacturer installed stud that can allow the antenna to be displaced/damaged.

Anyone else encountered this? Any fixes from Hyundai or otherwise?

Carwash is at 3410 S Kingshighway Blvd, St Louis, MO

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A BlueIguana carwash in St. Louis, advised me that the shark fin style, roof antenna on my 2017 Ioniq has a defective connection. I was told that I could proceed through the car wash at my own risk, but if the antenna came off they would not cover the damage and that the cost of replacement would be approximately $600, because it would require going through the interior roof or headboard, etc.

The attendant said the company has taken the position that the antenna attachment is defective, a problem with the manufacturer installed stud that can allow the antenna to be displaced/damaged.

Anyone else encountered this? Any fixes from Hyundai or otherwise?

Carwash is at 3410 S Kingshighway Blvd, St Louis, MO
You could take it to your dealer and have them check it out; it seems like it should be covered under warranty still if there is an issue.

OTOH, I strongly suspect this is something the car wash is telling everyone with shark fins. I'm guessing they've had issues with damaging shark fins in the past, so they tell you it's damaged so that customers can't (or have a much more difficult time) filing a claim if the shark fin is damaged during the wash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got home from the car wash. Discovered the top plastic cover missing off my shark fin. Carwash will not take responsibility. They have a sign saying they are not responsible for any damage. And yes, Hyundai want $450 labor plus $140 parts to repair.

We will start with an $24 ebay Cover and see if we can glue it on. All the components inside the fin are fine. Just the plastic shell missing.

Ridiculous how hard, (expensive), this is to replace. They really need to redesign if they are this vulnerable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've taken our US Ioniq through the brush car wash several times - no problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got home from the car wash. Discovered the top plastic cover missing off my shark fin. Carwash will not take responsibility. They have a sign saying they are not responsible for any damage. And yes, Hyundai want $450 labor plus $140 parts to repair.

We will start with an $24 ebay Cover and see if we can glue it on. All the components inside the fin are fine. Just the plastic shell missing.

Ridiculous how hard, (expensive), this is to replace. They really need to redesign if they are this vulnerable.
Can you send me the link to were you found the shark fin I purchased a cheaper 1 but it didnt fit. Please help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts