Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2013 Sonata SE 2.4 and I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust system. Borla and Magna Flow make a nice CatBack System for the 2.0T model. Do the factory 2.0T and 2.4 share the same factory exhaust system? Can I purchase the system for the 2.0T and put it on my 2.4 or will it require some extra "effort" for it to fit? Does anyone have any suggestions or has done this to their 2.4?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yes you can. There is a post regarding this installation. Do a search. The one thing that needs modification are the mounting bolt holes at the exhaust manifold. They will need to be elongated. You will also need to obtain a manifold shield that mounts above the left muffler.

I have not done this mod with the aftermarket mufflers but I did install the dual mufflers from the SE. It was a direct bolt on to the 2.4L on my limited.

Here is one thread regarding this change. http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-yf-2011-sonata-i45/136662-dual-exhaust-2-4-a.html

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob, I already have a dual muffler set-up that came factory equipped on my SE. I'm only going from the Catalyc Converter Back why am I modifying anything with the exhaust manifold or shield above the left muffler?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I currently have a 2013 Sonata SE 2.4 and I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust system. Borla and Magna Flow make a nice CatBack System for the 2.0T model. Do the factory 2.0T and 2.4 share the same factory exhaust system? Can I purchase the system for the 2.0T and put it on my 2.4 or will it require some extra "effort" for it to fit? Does anyone have any suggestions or has done this to their 2.4?
You say "UPGRADE" and I guess I say what do you think you are upgrading except for the "COOL" aspect at the expense of your pocket book. You're not going to gain anything significant except for a different sound and possibly hurt the resale or trade in value of your vehicle. One big downside is you can introduce a drone depending on what the design of the aftermarket exhaust system is and trust me you don't want that in any vehicle.

My suggestion which you specifically asked for is to leave well enough alone and spend you money on something else. This advice would also apply to intake system modifications for all except the drone issue reasons.

Larry

·
Registered
386 Posts
You say "UPGRADE" and I guess I say what do you think you are upgrading except for the "COOL" aspect at the expense of your pocket book. You're not going to gain anything significant except for a different sound and possibly hurt the resale or trade in value of your vehicle. One big downside is you can introduce a drone depending on what the design of the aftermarket exhaust system is and trust me you don't want that in any vehicle.

My suggestion which you specifically asked for is to leave well enough alone and spend you money on something else. This advice would also apply to intake system modifications for all except the drone issue reasons.

Larry
even if it only for look and sound its still an "UPGRADE"

·
Registered
326 Posts
even if it only for look and sound its still an "UPGRADE"
I acknowledged those changes or at least the sound part and unless you're laying on the ground you won't see much:eek: and you have a right to think of that as an upgrade, but I look at it as a "SIDEGRADE" and $$$ poorly spent. The Sonata is a nice looking somewhat "refined" car with some style and I personally think it's a disgrace to try and trick it out by ricing up the sound or slamming it so it looks like a "low rider" ... if that is your thing or hobby get a 50's or earlier car/truck and have at it ... that IMO is where the cool is.

Just like your opinion I have mine and a right to at least express it for potential consideration and am willing to given my reasons.

Larry

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I acknowledged those changes or at least the sound part and unless you're laying on the ground you won't see much:eek: and you have a right to think of that as an upgrade, but I look at it as a "SIDEGRADE" and $$$ poorly spent. The Sonata is a nice looking somewhat "refined" car with some style and I personally think it's a disgrace to try and trick it out by ricing up the sound or slamming it so it looks like a "low rider" ... if that is your thing or hobby get a 50's or earlier car/truck and have at it ... that IMO is where the cool is.

Just like your opinion I have mine and a right to at least express it for potential consideration and am willing to given my reasons.

Larry
Absolutely , your opinion is def allowed.. all i did was add mines.. In your eyes you have your aspect, the trophies I take home tell me I am not alone in mines :)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts

Larry
Way to stereo type and force your "opinion" on others.

BTW, adding LEDs, regardless of where, is also considered "ricing". So be careful tossing out those backhanded insults.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Larry
You always have something negative to say about someone who wants to do something with their cars... Really I have not seen one positive post from you... lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Soo Zip in my case I went with CP-E catback and I love the sound find it better imo than the borla or magna flow you can ask Merf he had a borla and did the switch to CP-E too!! think we get a better sound with CP-E!!

hope it helped and keep on modding :D:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts