Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Genesis 3.8 and I am constantly having to clean the carbon buildup off the rear bumper cover. Does anyone know if the 2011 bumper cover will fit the 2012 without any modification? I am led to believe that the 2011 cover has the oval exhaust pipes and does not have this problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The problem is not cover of exhaust pipes. It is because of GDI engine that 2012 has and 2011 doesn't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2012 Genesis 3.8 and I am constantly having to clean the carbon buildup off the rear bumper cover. Does anyone know if the 2011 bumper cover will fit the 2012 without any modification? I am led to believe that the 2011 cover has the oval exhaust pipes and does not have this problem.
Genesis, I have the same model, and what you need to do is give the bumper and the chrome trim a good clay job, then a polish and a wax; after this the buildup will wash off easily with each car wash! :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
That buildup is known in GDI engines, it's very normal. Changing covers, unfortunately will not make it go away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts