Hyundai Forums banner

excel ls 92

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Dr. Hundi 
#1 ·
:unsure: Can anyone help me? Had my 92 excel to numerous mechanics and auto electricians no one knows what the problem is. I've had the distributor cap and leads replaced, injectors and fuel filter cleaned, numerous parts (electrical) replaced sensor on distrib replaced, even to the extent of placing 250 ml of metho into the petrol thinking it was water in the tank!!!!
This problem is only intermintent but has now been going on for 6 days in a row!!
When driving when the car is not excelerating it jumps about as if it is choking. Idle is rough but does not stall.

At my wits end with this one!! Had enough of mechanics saying its this and that costing me a fortune need help desperately. :(

#4 ·
Originally posted by help@Sep 13 2004, 05:13 AM
:unsure: Can anyone help me?  Had my 92 excel to numerous mechanics and auto electricians no one knows what the problem is.  I've had the distributor cap and leads replaced, injectors and fuel filter cleaned, numerous parts (electrical) replaced sensor on distrib replaced, even to the extent of placing 250 ml of metho into the petrol thinking it  was water in the tank!!!! 
    This problem is only intermintent but has now been going on for 6 days in a row!!
When driving when the car is not excelerating  it jumps about as if it is choking. Idle is rough but does not stall.

At my wits end with this one!! Had enough of mechanics saying its this and that costing me a fortune need help desperately. :(
[snapback]1143[/snapback]​

#5 ·
:) thank you for all the advice.
One amazing auto electrician found the problem... The fuel rail wasnt working properly only needed to have another part.. unfortunately because the problem stayed hidden from all the other mech's and auto elec's I needed another computer as mine was totaled. My car now runs better than ever. It has a secondhand comp from a Mitsubishi and it didnt cost the earth. :D I now get more mileage and it has more zip than it ever had.

I hope this may help anyone else with a similar problem.

Help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.