Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what everyone else gets in gas mileage for 94 excel in days on a full tank around town. Just want to know if im getin good mileage as i cant trust fuel gauge it jumps from real reading to random readings like quarter then 3 quarters ANNOYING

WOW everone here is so helpfull 74 views and not one reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 96 excel and the fuel gauge does the same thing- wondering if you know what causes it ??

In Regards to fuel economy, my excel has a 45 litre tank and I get on average around town 380kms. And that is driving it pretty hard. Probably could do better.

Drive it by the odometer and keep a log of the kms/miles. That way you can monitor your fuel economy and always know when your fuel tank is empty

I_C_O_N

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey mate i drive a 93 model (mitsubishi engined) excel, with a 45 litre tank, auto transmission and do a combination of highway and some city driving and i get 550 km to a tank, or 7.68L/100KM. i must admit, i do drive reasonably carefully though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a '92 excel EFI, it gets bad mileage. Possibly due to either the burnt valve, or the flaring auto, or both! Oh and not to mention the worn out suspension... so I won't.. mention it that is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeh its not that good haha. Especially for the Excel (pony) X2 Carburettor engined one. Mine is a 1.3 and £10 petrol will last me 3-4 days haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
34 mpg US

My '92 is a 4-speed manual 3-door hatchback. I have 190,000 miles on it, and get 34 miles per US gallon no matter what type of driving, city or motorway. I truly mistreat this car, hauling loads far in excess of the rated loads. Body parts are becoming more difficult to source, relying primarily on salvage yards. The car's age, and the heavy loads have taken a toll on the rubber suspension bits, so plans are to rebuild everything on the front. Oddly, I have never had to change a wheel bearing, rotor, or brake drum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts