Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Newby to forums here, hi all.

I just bought a hyundai excel 1998 twin cam.
It has 300 000km on it
I'm on a pension, hence the reason I bought such a cheap car,etc.
ATM, she runs good, got the blue slip no problems, mechanic said it hardly has an oil leak at all, however 300 000 is a lot of km's.

MY Question:

What is the most modern engine I can bolt straight into it, or almost straight into it, when the one I have inevitably packs it in ?

Any added info info (anything),Hyundai related from peoples experience would be appreciated.

What to watch out for on them in general etc.

Thankyou :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi,

Newby to forums here, hi all.

I just bought a hyundai excel 1998 twin cam.
It has 300 000km on it
I'm on a pension, hence the reason I bought such a cheap car,etc.
ATM, she runs good, got the blue slip no problems, mechanic said it hardly has an oil leak at all, however 300 000 is a lot of km's.

MY Question:

What is the most modern engine I can bolt straight into it, or almost straight into it, when the one I have inevitably packs it in ?

Any added info info (anything),Hyundai related from peoples experience would be appreciated.

What to watch out for on them in general etc.

Thankyou :)
In Australia you can probably source a Proton Engine that may well bolt straight in - the Proton GTi might be the best source - of course you could also go down the route of any of the older Mitsubishi Lancer/Mirage/Colt engines I'd suspect that Protons are based on?

·
Registered
287 Posts
A guy I spoke to last year told me about a Hyundai Coupe he went to look at that had 426,000 miles on it in the UK! That's another 200,000kms from where you are mate ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts