Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks;
This is not for a Hyundai but I trust these boards.

I worked a deal for winter tire and rims with a new car I recently bought. I did not specify the brand, which in hindsight I should have. Upon delivery of the car in Sept, I mentioned to the salesperson that I wanted Michelin X-Ice 3 tires instead and that i would pay the difference. Was told no problem, but the "business manager" had to OK it and he was not available.

A couple more emails to the salesperson on this got assurances but no commitment. I decided to wait a bit closer to when I needed the tires to try to get an answer again. Called this week and was told my rims were already mounted with Evergreen Ice tires. I told the business manager that I was afraid that would happen back in Sept when I tried to get my answer on the Michelins. No answer to that email now either.

So my question is:

Has anyone had any experience with Evergreen winter tires? Not much on the internet about these (found an earlier thread on this board and one or two others that mention them but no real life opinions...just 'Its from China = crap').

I am thinking of putting Michelins on anyways, even if the dealer won't help me with this (or some other brand-name, top-rated winters I can get a deal on...just have been happy with the X-Ice tires I have been using for years).

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know someone who has X'ices and she hates them, no good in deep slush and snow.
I took a leap of faith and decided on trying a new brand 'Sonny' Maxtrek M7
so cheap I decided to try, will see how they pan out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
IMO, just give the Evergreen's a try. They can not be that bad for one winter.

If you want great tires, I can highly recommend Nokian Hakkas. I had RSi's on my Sonata, and the traction under any conditions was great, and also very nice tire on dry pavement.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the Xi3s after all :) Love these tires, so I just stuck with em.

Those Nokian's are also supposed to be good...they have been recently updated no?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got the Xi3s after all :) Love these tires, so I just stuck with em.

Those Nokian's are also supposed to be good...they have been recently updated no?
Yes, the new version is Hakkapeliitta R2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts