Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received notice of this campaign?

I went to schedule service with the dealer and this is what popped up. Nothing on the Hyundai corporate web page, yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Got the same alert on the phone app but not online when I log in. There is a new vehicle software alert online dated 3/1/18. I am going to check it out with my dealer.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Is this the Thermistor that many including myself had replaced to fix the issue where the AC wasn't cooling properly?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did (4) sales cars so they could be put on the Sales row...

There is an UPDATE to be installed if GDS finds ROM available for updating.

Reactions: Zurdo

·
Registered
562 Posts
Is this the Thermistor that many including myself had replaced to fix the issue where the AC wasn't cooling properly?

If it is, it figures, considering I just replaced mine myself less then two months ago. But for $13 and not spending an hour or two at the dealership, no biggie....

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Is this for the '17's too?

16 & 17

Description:\

This bulletin provides information to replace the A/C Evaporator Temperature Sensor and to update the HVAC ECU on certain 2016-2017 model year Tucson (TL) vehicles.

In WEBDCS, each VIN has been assigned to a specific Op Code to perform one of the appropriate service procedures:

 Evaporator Temperature Sensor Replacement only
 Evaporator Temperature Sensor Replacement and ECU update

Follow the Service Procedure outlined in this bulletin to perform the campaign operation as noted in the WEBDCS Vehicle Information Screen.

Applicable Vehicles:

 Certain 2016-2017 TUCSON (TL) vehicles

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well I called my dealer and confirmed for my vehicle that the campaign applies. But they didn’t show the software update that I see online (I see this campaign on the phone app and the software update online). I suppose it’s what sbr711 has indicated (both). I am curious about the sensor - if it’s an updated one - since I had it replaced last year. I drop the car off on Friday to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm at the dealership now for a scheduled oil change. I didn't mention the recall at all but they pointed it out themselves and will replace the part. Advisor said its not the thermistor.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm at the dealership now for a scheduled oil change. I didn't mention the recall at all but they pointed it out themselves and will replace the part. Advisor said its not the thermistor.

Let us know the part & part number from your service order when their done....

I'm curious to know if it's the sensor attached to the compressor. Mine was replaced last year after a back and forth between the dealer and Hyundai Corp.

·
Registered
310 Posts

Thanks for confirming this. I just emailed my service rep with this question and about the software alert.

·
Registered
310 Posts

I checked my receipt from last year and it seems it’s the same sensor. I’ll see what they tell me...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Interesing, here is the receipt. So it is the thermistor after all...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yep, just looked at the receipt from the thermister I bought, same part number.
I told them that they recently replaced the thermistor and they could see it in their system. Still they did this recall. Maybe the part was updated since so many original ones failed?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I told them that they recently replaced the thermistor and they could see it in their system. Still they did this recall. Maybe the part was updated since so many original ones failed?

Did your AC work properly after they replaced the thermister the first time?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts