Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to have "ESC Off" be the normal state of that switch? I turn it off all the time but it would be far more convenient if it would just be in that state upon starting the engine.

I find I get firmer handling on a windy highway drive or on any uneven roadways (aka summer).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,627 Posts
There is always a way. It's all a question of how much effort you want to put in to make it happen.

If you own a soldering iron you could probably build a simple electronic circuit that would automatically simulate you pressing the switch every time you start the engine, thereby switching the ESC off. I posted a circuit a while back for someone who wanted their heated seats to automatically switch on when they used their remote start...see below. The same circuit would probably work for the ESC too. I think the ESC switch outputs a ground so you probably wouldn't need the relay (RY1) or the other components in the red box. Anyway, that is one way to achieve your objective. I'm sure other folk might be able to come up with other ideas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the thought but I dont feel that strongly about it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts