Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both lights came on at the same time while driving and there was no immediate performance symptom. It accelerates fine but dies at idle and misses sometimes at speed when not accelerating. Auto Zone said the problem code is P0102. I cleaned the MAF but the problem persists. An eyeball inspection reveals no evident leaks or wiring issues. My model year isn't part of the stoplight switch recall. With 140,000 miles on it I have no warranty. Should I replace the MAF myself before I take it to a shop or am I missing something obvious? I wouldn't suppose the two lights to be related but they evidently are. I am a pre-computer guy and am bewildered the bells and whistles. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Both lights came on at the same time while driving and there was no immediate performance symptom. It accelerates fine but dies at idle and misses sometimes at speed when not accelerating. Auto Zone said the problem code is P0102. I cleaned the MAF but the problem persists. An eyeball inspection reveals no evident leaks or wiring issues. My model year isn't part of the stoplight switch recall. With 140,000 miles on it I have no warranty. Should I replace the MAF myself before I take it to a shop or am I missing something obvious? I wouldn't suppose the two lights to be related but they evidently are. I am a pre-computer guy and am bewildered the bells and whistles. Thanks for your suggestions.
I unplugged the sensor and there was immediate improvement so I figured it to be the MAF sensor. I re[;aced it with the AutoZone Duralast MAF sensor, $62.99 for the full assembly. Both lights went out after a few miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Both lights came on at the same time while driving and there was no immediate performance symptom. It accelerates fine but dies at idle and misses sometimes at speed when not accelerating. Auto Zone said the problem code is P0102. I cleaned the MAF but the problem persists. An eyeball inspection reveals no evident leaks or wiring issues. My model year isn't part of the stoplight switch recall. With 140,000 miles on it I have no warranty. Should I replace the MAF myself before I take it to a shop or am I missing something obvious? If you want to buy obd bluetooth, you can visit AutoGuysLand to review Mike Cross's post. I wouldn't suppose the two lights to be related but they evidently are. I am a pre-computer guy and am bewildered the bells and whistles. Thanks for your suggestions.
Try to check if there is a MAF sensor code and then try to clear this code, it may solve this issue.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My recollection from getting codes on my Sonata NF was that the car went into "limp mode" . the codes needed to be cleared (and fixed) before car would run correctly

Not sure ESC falls into the same category. I remember having an ESC light and reading something on here about the brake light being related to this problem. I replaced them and all was fine after that . But this was a few years ago so i am a bit hazy on the details. I had a ton of codes from time to time on the Sonata and so glad i got a ODB-II tester.

At very least if you have an Android phone get a blue tooth OBD-II adapter and then buy the Torque app for Android.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts