Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESC light stays on and I have no power every now and then until you release the gas pedal and it starts again. Research is telling me brake light sensor, but dealership is telling me something different. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Wife reported today that the ESC light back on (making sure she didn't hit the button), Cruise control is gone. We know that brake lights stick unless you "tap" the brake pedal from the side. I have a new stopper but could not buy the brake switch yesterday as they wont sell it to me without a VIN. Ill get that today and hopefully get it on tonight and report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
removed the bad rubber stopper and replaced it with a plastic Christmas tree fastener from the truck and all is working great so far.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
ESC light stays on and I have no power every now and then until you release the gas pedal and it starts again. Research is telling me brake light sensor, but dealership is telling me something different. Any suggestions?
All kind of things make for ABS/ESC light ... have we scan it yet to which circuit the module has seen to have fault ??

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wife reported today that the ESC light back on (making sure she didn't hit the button), Cruise control is gone. We know that brake lights stick unless you "tap" the brake pedal from the side. I have a new stopper but could not buy the brake switch yesterday as they wont sell it to me without a VIN. Ill get that today and hopefully get it on tonight and report back.
I have the same issue....Brake lights stay on all the time. I already had a recall on this. Did you ever get this issue fixed?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The recall just replaces the brake switch and/or the stopper. Check the stopper to see if it is worn through again.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The recall just replaces the brake switch and/or the stopper. Check the stopper to see if it is worn through again.
Does the stopper comes a new switch?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The stopper is a separate part. I have seen some people replace that stopper with a body panel clip since it is a firmer material.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The stopper is a separate part. I have seen some people replace that stopper with a body panel clip since it is a firmer material.
Fixed...**** stopper....and the dealership was gonna charge me 1k plus to find the problem lol... Love this forum...but now i gotta get the new LEDs

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Glad to hear it was a simpler fix for ya and not a big expense. Are you looking for just LED replacement bulbs or replacing the entire tail lights with LED assemblies?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Glad to hear it was a simpler fix for ya and not a big expense. Are you looking for just LED replacement bulbs or replacing the entire tail lights with LED assemblies?
Im gonna get a new set. There is some moisture on on of my bulbs as well. I gotta take the car in for the ESC light too. But i am just happy that my brake lights are fixed and not gotta tackle this other issue soon

·
Registered
713 Posts
Bad news, brake lights back to staying on. I am going to replace the switch next. I know Autozone has them. Praying its that at this point in my life lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts