Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Next Gen Accent= 5 stars side front, and rear. ESC, Standard front and rear Discs. Yep its going to be safer than a Volvo, a Merc, etc....

Many people who own an Accent already will trade it in for the new one anyway. Not a big deal as Consumer Reports are notorious Accent/Rio/Aveo haters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How, that's Volvo's problem right now? They dont have a selling point. Why buy an unattractive gas guzzling Volvo when Most cars have goten that safe now? Whats the point in buying a Volvo when I could get a whatever, thats just as safe or safer.

That's Toyota's problem too. Why buy a Girly looking Dry Wallpaper Paste Toyota when you have 15 other car companies (Incuding Hyundai) that are just about as reliable in terms problems per 100 vehicles?

Why does CR always think everybody wants to drive Toyota like cars? There's a reason why 85% of the market DOESNT buy Toyota. They think the Accent is a sloppy car to drive, but thats why WE drive it becuase Its fun. Its not a Mommy Yaris. When will CR get over the fact that 85% of the population doesnt want to drive Wallpaper Paste?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I dont call 5 stars front passenger and driver or 4 stars on the side for front occupants poor. 3 out of 5 stars in the rear is ok for now, but its not bad. Its not 5 stars but its more than adequate.

There are some Merc and BMW products that dont have 5 stars in front, but many products dont have 5 satrs for the front. You cant say that about Accent, the company knows this and that's why it wasnt to a big deal to do a costly safety measure so quickly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Outside of the rear crash Accent has a better crash score on mostly everything else than Yaris.

The Toyota Fan boys at CR will never point that out though. If I was in a front collision Id rather be in Accent than Yaris anyday. Who gives a **** if CR says anything, theyll never like Accents.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well lv_3600, the crash scores dont lie do they. Say what you want, but it still doesnt negate the fact that this Accent had a better crash score at the same speed hitting the same object in front as some Merc and BMW products.

Just becuase they are Merc and BMW doesnt mean a Korean upstart can beat them in something. There was a time when Merc and BMW didnt make the highest status cars too. IT WAS JUST SO LONG AGO WE DONT REMEMBER. BMW was so broke after the WWII they couldnt even build a car for quite some time. Compared to most car companies Hyundai is still in its early stages of development. We wont arrive to where Hyundai is supposed to be until 2030 or even later.

We arent BMW or Merc, but the COMPANY goal is to make that happen, but its going to take a long **** time to get there. I think that's quite ok, its not like the world is going to completely end forever in 2012 you know.

Many people have forgotten the crap **** cars Toyota made from the 50s to the mid 70s. They will forget aout Hyundai too, and when we're old guys it will be just a insignificant little historical fact that Hyundai went from making cheap **** cars, to making cheap good cars, to going upmarket, etc.... Our kids will laugh at us for even bringing up the Idea that there was a time when Hyundai=**** or Hyundai=Cheap.

Those Accents are like what Benz made in the 30s and earlier. It took them until after WWII to be seen as this fancy company in the eyes of people. At the speed that tech moves it could take Hyundai to 2030 before peopel truly see Hyundai as a true Luxury Marque. They have an objective to one day "Build the best Luxury cars on Earth" which came stragiht from CEO Chung Mong Koos mouth last year.

Did you know that in the Sonata the only other car that has pistons designed like Sonata is a Ferrari F430? ENGINEERING, that's how they are going to do it. They are now embarking on that engineering cred thats needed to grow into a Merc like company.

Hyundai is ran by Engineers now, and they know what they are doing. That 1.6 Gamma GDi is probably the most advanced B-segment engine on the planet, yet its a simple design.

Maybe thats the reason why Hyundai was Daimler's FIRST stop to get a small car engine partner. They knew about the 1 .6 Gamma a long time ago, and they wanted it in their A class. Hyundai was going to get screwed in the deal, so rightfully so Hyundai said **** no.

Then they went to FIAT, and they said no.

Renault-Nissan was Benz's last choice and for many good reasons.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Who said anything about reliability? I just said that there was a time when BMW and Benz were not prime time products either. They got over it and the people did too, and so will Hyundai. Thats my point.

Euro trash, Kraut Cars. Humm...., kind of like Ricers and Kimchi cars today.

The other point I was trying to make, that it doesnt matter about reliability on those cars today, and it wont for Hyundai Either in the future.

Technological and Corporate advancements these days make 20 years of progress occur in 10. Its a shame the people's attitudes take a much longer time to change; including yours. In the past it took 20 years for some car makers to make the progress Hyundai made from Accent X3 to Accent MC. It took Hyundai less than 10 years to do that.

I wouldnt be shocked at anything Hyundai tries anymore, and you shouldnt be either!!!

Hyundai has arrived to the point to where they can build whatever they want, and do whatever they want, and not be limited by technological know how or small size.

The First Fruits are just starting to come out of the tree. A tree that's now mature enough to grow fruit. In 1986 Hyundai was just a seedilng.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You have a point about colonialism fonque, but the world is going to change. It can change nicely through peace or by force through world war. The downtrotten and meek want to take the pie, and the strong and wealthy arent being nice about relinqushing what rightfully belongs to the downtrotten and meek.

Hyundai Development

1. 2006-2020=Kill Chyrsler and expose them as the joke car company they are. Embarass VW by running circles around them on the reliability to content front.

2. 2020-2035=be the New Lexus for gen Y.

3. 2035-2050=Make Hyundai the benchmark for all premium brands to achieve regardless of price.

With the speed that Hyundai develops its cars, I might actually be a little conservative on the time frame this can happen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
By the way Naky, if you knew anything about Scion you wouldnt dare say such a thing. KIA becoming Scion=Bye Bye KIA. As Scion has been losing money for Toyota from day one in the US, and Toyota is seriously considering getting rid of Scion. Hyundai/KIA over the long term is headed the way of VWAG. If they wanted to be Toyota they would have hired Toyota/Honda guys, not the: VWAG, Merc, Opel, or BMW guys they have been hiring.

They arent going the Lexus/Toyota route either. They are going to grow upmarket over time, a long time like 20-25 years. That's what the company wants to do, and they have already made their minds up about it. I hear the Genesis refresh will have a Hyundai Badge on the Grille by the way. KIA is going to get its own Genesis/Gen coupe too in 2012 for thr 2013 model year.

The Koreans hate the fact that they are known as cheap car makers, and are willing to do what it takes to change that view. The Korean people hate cheap cars, as they arent a cheap car culture. The real Korea is starting to show in these cars.

Hyundai/KIA did what they had to do to make money at first, and if that was selling cheap looking cars that were even cheaper in price then that was what they had to do. It was a Nice ride, but now they want to grow up.

And Besides, the Chinese/Indians are what cheap cars are for. The Japanese are what overpriced and cheap quality cars are for.

The cars will still be affordable, but in the short term instead of Toyota quality at less than Toyota prices, we're moving up to Buick quality at Toyota Prices. In the long term the cars will still be relatively value priced-Buick Pricing with Merc quality.

"In the future everybody will want to buy a Hyundai, but many people wont to be able to for whatever reason." - Hyundai

Read your history. When VW first bought Audi from Daimler in 1964 they made Cheap POS cars. They went" upmarket" in the early 80s after the success of the Audi Quatrro. Who remembers or knows about the times when Audi made Cheap POS cars? Nobody except old guys, and auto geeks like myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think Ultragod is being sarcastic. LOL, like an Aveo. LMAO!!!

Why is it that Consumer Reports is hating on the Accent, when it was Hyundai that pioneered the industry and said, "Hey are will have ESC in all Sedans starting in 08." and did it? That forced everybody else to add ESC too, and it also forced the US Government to say, "Well if Hyundai can do it, then eveything sold in the US market needs to have ESC by 2012."

I think its a very cheap shot at Hyundai as they know New Accent is coming. Everybody is trying to get their last cheap shots out. They are pushing Hyundai to rush these vehicles to market, which is not a good thing for quality. Then again, I think they want Hyundai to have quality problems but they JUST CANT FIND THEM. So now they are trying to get Hyundai to create some on their own.

Plus Hyundai cut their losses on Accent MC, and didnt bother with it besides the Half assed Refresh last year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.