Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Consumer Reports is a worthless magazine that panders its reviews to the highest bidders. I see no other reason for them to have the hard on they do for Honda because the cars themselves certainly aren't worth the ridiculous amount of drooling they do over them. They crossed the line for me when I was seeing them do a comparison between all subcompacts where the fully loaded Honda Fit came in first, and the base model Fit came in second. The rest of the competition? Base models only. Excuse me? You put one fully loaded car in your review circle and then compared it to everyone else's base models? Plus they throw in arbitrary comments in like 'ABS was rare to find on this vehicle' regarding the Accent. Uh. Every time I drive by a Hyundai dealership, there are a bunch of SE/Sport models on the lot. Maybe the lot they walked on to had sold them all or something, but it's certainly not a rare feature.

Hack reviewers that do little to no research and push their biases off on their readers. Use the magazine for kindling and you'll get more use out of it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
What Hyundai needs to do is release the Genesis brand as they previously planned. The stigma's going away, but it's still there and you won't see the kind of people who want to buy a 60k Equus drive up to a Hyundai dealership willingly. Genesis should be their new NA luxury Lexus brand, Hyundai should become their Toyota brand, and Kia should become their Scion brand and the sooner they bite the bullet and do this, the better things will get for them reputation wise for their higher end vehicles. Engineer a high-end SUV with Genesis sedan/Equus features and they've got a nice rounded base to start the new brand with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.