Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
cant have ESC without ABS.
In the US, I dont think Hyundai will ever surpass BMW Mercedes or Audi or....<European brands ad nauseum>....
Hyundai can attack all they want on the mechanics of a car, reliability, gas mileage, horse power... etc. but they will never be able to beat euro brands on marketing and imaging. Theres alot more there culturally under the surface for why I think that will never happen.
You could take it all the way back to colonialism using India and China as examples

·
Registered
709 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ Apr 28 2010, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317636
You mean I actually have to control my car in a spin right now, its not going to help me?!

OMG the sky is falling!!!!

I wonder if in 20 years anyone is even going to have to know how to drive anyways. What a joke.
This is a complete tangent. But honestly, probably not. I predict that cars will go the way of horses; they are only used for sport and recreation now. I believe the same fate eventually awaits passenger cars.

·
Registered
709 Posts
QUOTE (Accent Planet @ Apr 28 2010, 06:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317720
You have a point about colonialism fonque, but the world is going to change. It can change nicely through peace or by force through world war. The downtrotten and meek want to take the pie, and the strong and wealthy arent being nice about relinqushing what rightfully belongs to the downtrotten and meek.

Hyundai Development

1. 2006-2020 = Kill Chyrsler and expose them as the joke car company they are. Embarass VW by running circles around them on the reliability to content front.

2. 2020-2035 = be the New Lexus for gen Y.

3. 2035-2050 = Make Hyundai the benchmark for all premium brands to achieve regardless of price.

With the speed that Hyundai develops its cars, I might actually be a little conservative on the time frame this can happen.
1. chrystler will kill itsself, it doesnt need hyundai's help for that. VW doesnt sell based on reliability, they sell based on the "euro brand" image. VW's havent been reliable for the last 15 years. They also have a knack for making visually distinct cars that you would not ever confuse for another make. VW's always look like a VW, if that makes any sense.

2. The only chance of this happening is if an entire generation of people dies off, and the Lexus brand is hit with a scandal as big as Toyota's.
Also Hyundai will have to, and I mean HAVE TO stop biting design cues off other manufactures. They need to create fresh new design themes.
They need a Hyundai "look". Not "wow, that car looks like a cheap lexus". Once they are compared to another make they have lost. They need to
be their own design standard. VW, BMW, and Mercedes are very very good at this. Some might argue that brand image is actually more important
than the product you are selling.

3. I dont think that will ever happen, at least not in the US market, for reasons stated in my previous post.

Hyundai also has to avoid the trap that Nissan fell into in the mid 90's. They over engineered their cars beyond a price point that people were willing to pay based on their perceived brand image.
In the mid 90's Nissan made unbelievably reliable cars, but by around 98 or so, they couldnt sell a car to save their life. They eventually were faced with bankruptcy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.