Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,951 Posts
In other words, if you don't want the electronic nanny driving it for you, buy one of these now while you can. :grin:  The last of a dying breed.

On low end vehicles, price is too important (many people who buy in this case just don't want to pay extra, even if it means they'll be safer...)  I figured they would wait to implement it until they were required to do so to keep the price down. 

planet, I don't think the safety comment will pan out when some inattentive driver in a guzzling SUV t-bones you.  It's still going to be a small car and the laws of physics won't change.  I do truly hope they have substantially reworked how the car holds up in an accident...  The MC was supposed to be safe too with all the extra air bags and such, but they weren't that great of performers in the NHTSA or IIHS tests (really poor in the latter.)  They need to be much improved over the current batch for they're at the bottom of the barrel in every category compared to the competition. :(

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,951 Posts
QUOTE (Accent Planet @ Apr 27 2010, 06:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317422
I dont call 5 stars front passenger and driver or 4 stars on the side for front occupants poor. 3 out of 5 stars in the rear is ok for now, but its not bad. Its not 5 stars but its more than adequate.
Bear in mind those are ratings against vehicles in the same weight class.  Unless a Smart hits you, just about everything else on the road is bigger and will be more destructive to the car and possibly its occupants.  So those ratings don't really mean so much in those situations.  

The Accent isn't that bad at frontal crashes, but side impacts are pretty miserable.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=712

The Yaris wasn't much better, especially when it had no side air bags. I'd rather be in an Accent, it's not as small and lightweight.  

As far as CR goes, I have no use for them (or Toyota for that matter)  

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,951 Posts
QUOTE (Accent Planet @ Apr 27 2010, 09:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317481
Its a shame the people's attitudes take a much longer time to change
I have to hear so much Hyundai trashing it's pathetic, especially from the Japanese car fanboys.  I've looked on Hyundai's web site, but I can't seem to find the Excel on there - yet these people still insist that's what Hyundai builds.  That is Hyundai's only problem and it's a difficult one to shake.  I've watched closely as Hyundai progressed over the last 10+ years - the stigma is slowly fading but sadly is still there.

But in a way, it makes me feel good to have a Hyundai since I kinda feel like I know something these other people don't...  They're great cars for a good price built by a company that honestly cares about self-improvement.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,951 Posts
 QUOTE (omg grip @ Apr 28 2010, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317636
I wonder if in 20 years anyone is even going to have to know how to drive anyways. What a joke.
They don't know how to drive now!  It's OK though, pretty soon they can finally focus on all those important things except that pesky "focus on the road" crap. :p  Getting ready for work, talking on the phone, texing, eating, yelling at the kids - these are all very important activities that should not be interrupted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.