Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I did the update to enable Android auto and car play. Everything went great and after 30 min it was done. Everything seemed to work before my phone was still paired via Bluetooth and everything. However when I plug the phone in via a usb cable and and open android auto on my phone which is a Samsung S8 plus, after a min or so I will get a msg on the car's screen saying something like media device is not supported. Any idea's

This is the Canadian update. I also tried enabling usb debugging on the phone which made no difference.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not sure, but I think the Android auto app on the phone should start automatically when you plug into the car. (Does that on my S5)

You might want to un-install Android auto on your phone, then reboot and re-installed. See if that helps.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I too applied the Canadian update but only use Apple Carplay. I don't have an Android device to test it with.

By any chance maybe you have a bad cable? I would swap cables and retry.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried 2 different cables including the oem cable. I also tried an older samsung s6 phone and got the same result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts