Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've a 2007 2.2 CRDI which has a engine light come on intermittent sometimes flashing sometimes solid but it does go away. Its sluggish uphills when its on and Ok otherwise. I can clear the codes and it comes back after labouring on hills.
The codes I get are P0299 and P0234. To do with the turbo. I read about the EGR clean but not sure if its my problem.

Any advise out there?

regards
Steve
:confused:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
When the engine check light is on, it'll be in limp mode so no real power.

P0299 is low turbo boost while P0234 is high turbo boost - the high boost would seem to eliminate leaks or hose failure.

From a quick internet search it may not be the EGR although many workshops will suggest it is - it may be internal turbo failure cause the variable geometry vanes to stick.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Steve,
I don't think it is in limping mode when CEL is up.
Then it would limp, not getting much revs so creaping uphill.
I do not know where the turbo pressure is measured but I would think it cannot be to low and to high. The latter even puzzles me more.
Maybe the turbo is sluggish or clogged, but then it could not get to high boost.
EGR also unlikely to me. You could disable the EGR valve for the moment to rule it out in this problem. Pull the EGR solenoid electric connector.
Maybe you do have a loose air intake hose or at the intercooler.
Or maybe a problem with the lubricating oil delivery at the turbo (very important for it's correct functionality).
Good luck,
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts