Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 07 Veracruz in August. I have code P2422 Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Stuck Closed. I have an account on the Hyundai Tech website, but I am finding little info on this. Can anyone tell me where this is located or the part name/number I need. Thank you.
Also, no symptoms other than the check engine light, I don't top off when I fill up, and already checked gas cap :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
The evaporative emission control system prevents hydrocarbon (HC) vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere where they could form photochemical smog. Gasoline vapors are collected in the charcoal canister. The PCM controls the Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV) to purge any collected vapors from the canister back to the engine for combustion. This valve is actuated by the purge control signal from the PCM and controls fuel vapor flow from the canister to the intake manifold.

Checking output signals from fuel tank pressure sensor at purging, if fuel tank’s vacuum is higher than prescribed threshold, PCM sets P2422.

Possible cause
*Faulty Canister Close Valve
*Clogging of canister air filter

Check Canister air filter and CCV
(1)Visually inspect air filter is clogged.
(2)Visually inspect duck between air filter and CCV is clogged.
(3)Check that Canister is deformed or clogged by foreign materials.

There is a removable panel beneath the second row seats for access to the Pressure Sensor, you may be able to see the canister air filter at the aft left-hand corner of the fuel tank and all other components require you to lower the fuel tank. Have you tried to clear the code to see if the fault returns?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I had the code reset, and it came back on within a couple minutes of driving. I have a warranty with a $100 deductible if this is covered. I was going to find out tomorrow. But if the parts are something that can be ordered for less and I can do it myself that is what I would prefer. I honestly just have no idea what I am looking for or at. I tried to check Napa and Autozone for emission parts so I could visualize what I am looking for but no luck there either. any links to a diagram or image would be appreciated. Also Should I not drive? Will driving it like this make things worse?

·
Registered
548 Posts
You would have to check all the "vapor" lines coming to and from the gas tank.... not the main fuel or return line though. There may be a black plastic type "box" underneath near tank and those hoses or lines go to it from tank. Usually one of those hoses has dry rotted or cracked or pinhole and failure comes from that. Oooh...but that code looks like it refers to the vent which is located on tank or near it. No aftermarket place will have parts applicable in this type situation or issue. Strictly dealer.

Go under "shop" menu in the HMA site..... there you will find more on repair aspect though not specific to DTC

If you are lucky enough to get member SBR711, he's great with that "specific" type info for he's a hyundai specific mechanic

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts