Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at 2013 Equus, 80000km/50000miles.
Wondered how many people have had to replace/repair air suspension parts, as I believe they are very expensive.
Thanks ,
Cliff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondered how many people have had to replace/repair air suspension parts, as I believe they are very expensive.
Thanks ,
Cliff
Hi Cliff,

Have my hyundai equus 2013 at dealer now. Suspension problems, car very low in front. Waiting for call back.

Joyce

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the same problem on my 2011, low in the front, Ride Height switch light will not raise or illuminate. Any advice or solutions?
Check out my thread here....

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/equus-forum/636357-2013-front-end-bottomed-out.html

Same exact symptoms that you have. Bottomed out. Pressing my ride height button did nothing except pop up the little car icon in the top of infotainment system saying it was at normal height. Turned out I had a leak in one of the struts and both leaked out. Bad news is it's pricey repair. Hyundai wanted around 4k. I found a local shop and some reman air springs and got out for just under 2k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just replaced the rear suspension air bags on my 94k 2011 Equus. Was having intermittent "sagging" of the rear end. Sometimes it would hold air for a week or more, and sometime only hours. I bought Chinese-made bags off ebay for $385 delivered and spent $140 at my local indy to install. Solved the problem. Still loving the car. My buddy with a 2010 Lexus LS says my car is much quieter and smoother than his. I much prefer the Lexus' seats, tho. I even prefer my son's 2004 Camry seats for comfort.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks ,
Cliff
Wife's 2011 Signature, 105K currently, no issues with air suspension. She drives about 15K per year.

As a comparison, a previous car to her, 2000 S500(MB) with Airmatic suspension-Strut at 120K, air pump at 150K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced the rear suspension air bags on my 94k 2011 Equus. Was having intermittent "sagging" of the rear end. Sometimes it would hold air for a week or more, and sometime only hours. I bought Chinese-made bags off ebay for $385 delivered and spent $140 at my local indy to install. Solved the problem. Still loving the car. My buddy with a 2010 Lexus LS says my car is much quieter and smoother than his. I much prefer the Lexus' seats, tho. I even prefer my son's 2004 Camry seats for comfort.
Where did you find your parts. I spent 4000 on the front a month ago now the rear is deflated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a listing on ebay currently for two rear air bags for $308.75 with free delivery from a company called ShockMasters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even I am having suspension problem. I have Equus 2011 model . In winter , when temperature drops , my car height becomes very low and it does not come up. I get ECS symbol on dashboard.
Sometime , its rear and sometimes its front .
I really don't know what's the issue causing it.
Anyone having same issue or any fix for it ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had the front suspension bags replaced to the tune of $3700. A couple weeks after that the rear were completely deflated. It was below freezing out but I thought they were shot. I ordered the bags thru EBAY foe $333 for the pair. They haven't arrived yet but they are now functioning properly. What the... Oh well at Least I will have them if I need them. Labor thru the dealership would have been $300 but the parts price was $595 each and they would not use the non-oem parts i bought. My mechanic said he would put them on for $400. So dealership $1490 and on my own $733. Easy decision if I have to replace them. I am thinking the pump that inflates them may have stuck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks ,
Cliff
Hey everyone - I have owned a 2013 Equus for about 4 years now and never had ECS problems until earlier this year. The fabulous ECS light came on and away we went trying to find the problem with the most affordable solution. I ended up replacing the two front air springs and front passenger side sensor (all aftermarket from Ebay). Well, the car continued to bottom-out in front, so I had to keep bringing it back to my guy every couple of weeks for him to refill the system with air, because his diagnostic software didn't allow him to calibrate the system which should solve the problem, but only the dealer has that software. I love the car and I would recommend it to anyone, but find a reliable local guy to help you in these tricky situations.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to callibrate the ECS on my own?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BTW, I did find this replacement kit to convert it to a normal struct/spring suspension, if anyone is interested. I had been told by "My guy", that there were no conversion kits and yet, here it is:

I think I need to find a new "guy". Mine is a dumbass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even I am having suspension problem. I have Equus 2011 model . In winter , when temperature drops , my car height becomes very low and it does not come up. I get ECS symbol on dashboard.
Sometime , its rear and sometimes its front .
I really don't know what's the issue causing it.
Anyone having same issue or any fix for it ?
I'm no expert on this issue, but my research indicates that the rubbber in the air bags deteriorate over time and eventually result in tiny holes and leakage. It only makes sense that the rubber would shrink due to the cold and cause more issues with holes. If the bags aren't replaced timely, the compressor has to run more often to keep them filled causing premature wearing out of the compressor. I haven't had front suspension issues yet, nor have I had the ECS symbol issue. My best advice is to find a reputable supplier for the parts and a reputable independent mechanic to install the parts. I don't believe that the removal/installation is particularly difficult. My mechanic replaced the two rear bags in less than 90 minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BTW, I did find this replacement kit to convert it to a normal struct/spring suspension, if anyone is interested. I had been told by "My guy", that there were no conversion kits and yet, here it is:
A few questions if you don't mind as I am considering this change.
  • Beyond replacing the 4 air shocks, what else needs to be done to change to the non-air suspension?
  • Do you just abandon the air compressor? Are there fuses to pull to disable it?
  • Is there any change in ride high compared to the standard air shock ride height?
  • How does the ride compare to the non-sport mode with air shocks? I imagine it may be a bit stiffer than standard which I'm fine with.
  • Are there any error lights that stay on?
  • Beyond losing sport mode on the suspension and ride height adjustment, any other drawbacks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
  • Beyond replacing the 4 air shocks, what else needs to be done to change to the non-air suspension?
  • Do you just abandon the air compressor? Are there fuses to pull to disable it?
  • Is there any change in ride high compared to the standard air shock ride height?
  • How does the ride compare to the non-sport mode with air shocks? I imagine it may be a bit stiffer than standard which I'm fine with.
  • Beyond losing sport mode on the suspension and ride height adjustment, any other drawbacks?
I'm sure that the supplier of the package to convert the Equus to springs can provide you the answer to your questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did it on my 2014 Equus with Strutmasters, Sport mode still works as far as the shifting of the transmission being firmer and holding the gear longer. I still have to adjust my headlights slightly. Now to figure out how to get the warning light off. I have all the parts from the removed suspension I will list at the beginning of the month. The ride is equally as nice as before the air suspension was removed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts