Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was popping my hood to let the car cool for its pre-road trip oil change, and saw i have a pretty sizeable scratch in my hood and its actually a bit dented. not sure if someone dropped some ish on my hood or it got hit by a flying rock (possible, i tend to tailgate slow vehicles). I guess I havent noticed because I havent washed the car in a month or so.

Ill probably post up a pic later and you all can lol and say its not that big. I dont really care that much but it kinda sucks because its going to be noticable when the car's all cleaned up. Or at least i will notice it.

I'll probably get a few more chips on my 10 day trip down thru TN. And my butt will be very sore because the seats are not super comfortable on long trips, and leg will be sore because I am a badass and said f that sunroof and cruise control.

random fact: I hit 18k miles yesterday. In like 13 months of ownership.

regardless.. on the way home today I was thinking about how much i love my lil accent.

I just wanted to post this pointless rant thread.

the end.
:3gears:

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
I figure if I show a pic of the dent and associated (poorly touched-up) chip on the hood of mine, it might make you feel better. :grin: Big rock smacked it. :mellow:  Too bad I don't have any pics of that!  lol

Glad to know everything is going good otherwise!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Don't feel bad. Mine has only 11K km and there's a bunch of chips on the hood and bumpers, one on the driver's door and one on the 1/4 panel. There's a big one right on the edge of the roof near the windshield that's starting to rust :mad:

I'm very unlucky with stone chips.

Of and there are two impacts on my windshield...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Spending 500 dollars on a complete front end 3M rockguard package + labour to have it applied was the best investment I made to my car to this day. 2 years later and the front end is pristine despite driving on Albertan highways every day in my commute to work. Still looks new. That being said, my windshield looks like someone took a bat to it thanks to a baseball sized rock hitting it at 130kmph but I'm just grateful that hit the glass and not my car.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Sep 1 2010, 06:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353659
This happened to my car.. SafeLite autoglass (pretty big and reputable company) fixed mine with their "state of the art resin". Cost $50 and you literally cannot tell that anything every happened.
It's not cracked or anything like that. It's like two little chips that flew off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
LMAO at all of you...

I drive 75mi one way commute to work. 150 minimum per day. I've owned my car since Dec 2007. I have 103k+ on the clock, have been through 3 windshields (about to be 4), and am about to have my hood fully repainted because it looks like the aftermath of a bombing raid.

Guess it's time to find a few CF replacement parts :banana: (of which there are none I'm sure :( )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts