Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
So you replacing factory catalyst with aftermarket catalyst,, $800+ for what ? Possible MIL concerns for aftermarket brick that not made by Hyundai/Kia supplier to their standards for efficiency and keeping MIL from illuminating prematurely..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So pretty much I should just leave it alone :)
Haha

Yea I found it cheaper , like 250+ ish but im just going to leave it be.

I WISHHH there were more mod options to this car ughh, I wanna do like a even trade with a tiburon so bad lol

Look at this guys Sonata

·
Registered
636 Posts
You have to realize what this car is and what isn't...

PS: What's up with people making movies with the phone vertical? How low of an IQ they have so they not realize that a TV screen is "sitting" the other way?

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey you know, the sonata isnt a sports car but if you want to do mods to it so that it seems more like one then more power to ya.

I personally wouldnt do what the guy in the video did, he doesnt seem too bright lol but yea do it up! forget a high flow cat, cut your stock one off the car and replace it with one of those thrush glass packs hes talking about. They actually work alot better when they are closer to the motor and if you have a v6 (the rasp from 4 cylinders suck). if you want a deeper tone, put two in-line back to back..

Find a less restrictive air filter too, that would help it breathe a little easier..

Ive modded a few cars that weren't meant to be modded and had no aftermarket parts at all. As long as everything comes out clean, safe and youre happy then who cares what others think.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yea I know these cars are just point A to B cars, but I just like fast things. There almost is no such thing as too fast lol
But other than my bad habits, I did install a drop in air filter (K&n like), A high flow muffler on the back with a nice little exhaust tip sticking out. Ill post pictures later, It already has a nice deep growl to it with no rasp. (V6)

But I was actually thinking of finding a high flow cat like you said, since i live in fl and have no emissions tests. Thats too much $, so I am out of options but to just keep it running haha, But I would like to do something to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts