Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I press the button to turn off my 2014 azera, it goes to acc instead of off. on the dash it says to put it in park but when you turn it back on it shows it is in park. moved it around a few times, then drove it home and still same problem. when you put it in drive, the doors lock and when you put it in park the doors unlock. I go out and push it to make sure it is in park, and it doesn't budge. no clue what to do and the dealership has never seen it before. Just wish I could lock my doors.... any ideas? I already took out the battery and made sure the shift cable was lined up in neutral and that it was going all the way into park.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
when I press the button to turn off my 2014 azera, it goes to acc instead of off. on the dash it says to put it in park but when you turn it back on it shows it is in park. moved it around a few times, then drove it home and still same problem. when you put it in drive, the doors lock and when you put it in park the doors unlock. I go out and push it to make sure it is in park, and it doesn't budge. no clue what to do and the dealership has never seen it before. Just wish I could lock my doors.... any ideas? I already took out the battery and made sure the shift cable was lined up in neutral and that it was going all the way into park.
Is this a US car?

Best practices for requesting help:If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. At upper right corner under the search box click on user cp (it's your control panel)
This info will show up to the left under your user name and is very helpful.
BE SURE TO ADD YOUR LOCATION SO WE KNOW WHAT MARKET YOU ARE IN.

• Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
  • Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
  • Do not double post for the same problem.
  • Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
  • Take a single issue at a time. Posting multiple issues at once will get convoluted very quickly
  • VIN number can be very helpful
  • Vehicle history can be good. How many miles. If not bought new, how many have you put on it.
  • Describe the problem best you can. If a noise can you get a sound or video file
  • Tell us what has been done, if anything, thus far. If tests have been performed give actual results not OK or passed. If scanned for codes the actual code(s) not O2 sensor or MAF, Etc.
  • If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you could post a picture of that invoice/bill
  • If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's a problem they see many times they will generate a safety recall of TSB. This is how they know of the problem.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Start with the easy stuff.

1. Check the voltage across the battery with the car at idle to be sure it is at the correct range of 13.5-15v.
2. Check the alternator ripple voltage.
3. Look for a loose ground wire or harness under the hood or under the dash.
4. Connect a code reader that reads all the Hyundai system codes and see if any codes show up.

Beyond that, it gets more complicated and will require the factory service manual and a Hyundai diagnostic computer to check all the sensors and functions related to starting and stopping the engine. Cars have become much more complicated electronically and use a CAN bus to communicate between the various computers. It isn't a simple job of wire tracing with a meter anymore. You'll have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've started having a similiar problem:

When i turn off the vehicle, the engine will go off and radio, Navigation, etc stays on (as it should). But the accessories are staying on AFTER i open the drivers door. I have tried restarting the car, opening/closing the drivers door to finally turn them off. (Possible door relay??)

·
Registered
5 Posts

When i turn off the vehicle, the engine will go off and radio, Navigation, etc stays on (as it should). But the accessories are staying on AFTER i open the drivers door. I have tried restarting the car, opening/closing the drivers door to finally turn them off. (Possible door relay??)
Are you hearing the warning chimes when you attempt to exit the vehicle? If you do, it's the car telling you it's in "accessory" mode. This happens to me every now and then and if I put my foot on the brake and shut it off it doesn't happen. I don't know if that's how it's really supposed to work though.

·
Registered
3 Posts

When i turn off the vehicle, the engine will go off and radio, Navigation, etc stays on (as it should). But the accessories are staying on AFTER i open the drivers door. I have tried restarting the car, opening/closing the drivers door to finally turn them off. (Possible door r
Are you hearing the warning chimes when you attempt to exit the vehicle? If you do, it's the car telling you it's in "accessory" mode. This happens to me every now and then and if I put my foot on the brake and shut it off it doesn't happen. I don't know if that's how it's really supposed to work though.
No, I'm not hearing chimes. And I've double checked that the car is in "off" (as lit up on the push button start- not acc). I'm begining to wonder if the lights shoud even be on in the start button once I push it to kill the engine.

But I do know that I can get the radio/nav to go off after opening/closing the drivers door, but not any others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm thinking door switch, maybe.
More than likely not though. What about the dome lights, etc., when you open the door? Do they come on as they should? All I know is if it's like my car, there are some weird little bugs going on involving the computer network. For instance, even though the doors are set to lock when the car starts moving, they don't actually lock until some random time and speed a minute or two afterwards. Sometimes they will lock randomly just sitting at a red light. My wife also had the issue one time with the dash saying to put it in park, even though it was already in park and indicated so on the display. She too was unable to lock the doors. When she called me I automatically thought about the transmission range switch. But it stopped doing that as soon as she got home, so I was unable to troubleshoot. It was unlikely the range switch to begin with since everything I thought I knew about how these systems work goes out the door with this type of complexity and integration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking door switch, maybe.
More than likely not though. What about the dome lights, etc., when you open the door? Do they come on as they should? All I know is if it's like my car, there are some weird little bugs going on involving the computer network. For instance, even though the doors are set to lock when the car starts moving, they don't actually lock until some random time and speed a minute or two afterwards. Sometimes they will lock randomly just sitting at a red light. My wife also had the issue one time with the dash saying to put it in park, even though it was already in park and indicated so on the display. She too was unable to lock the doors. When she called me I automatically thought about the transmission range switch. But it stopped doing that as soon as she got home, so I was unable to troubleshoot. It was unlikely the range switch to begin with since everything I thought I knew about how these systems work goes out the door with this type of complexity and integration.
Dealership confirmed my thought; faulty door switch. It's under warranty, just waiting on the replacement part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts