Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend got me last night, was crying her 2008 Tucson had "quit driving" on her. Not sure what model, but I know it is 2WD, 4 cylinder, 38,000 miles. GLS maybe? She said she was cruising along the highway and suddenly it started clunking and wouldn't go when she hit gas. She ended up getting to a safe spot using the shiftronic thing. We got a ride to her car, checked all her fluids, everything was fine. I got in and drove it, nothing. Till we went about 30 miles and came to a light. Waiting for light to change, and I said, "your car cut off." Took almost a minute to get it to restart, and when it did, it wouldn't go. Seems like the motor wouldn't exceed 3000 rpm. Put it in gear, hit gas and would jerk and sput, like taking off in high gear in a manual tranny. Hit 3000 rpm and that was it. It would not shift at all in Drive. We managed to get home, using the shiftronic. I was able to get up to highway speed, but couldn't get past the 3000 rpm limit. If I put transmission back in Drive, would immediately start downshifting and jerking/missing again. I saw something on one of the other forums about some TCM module, wondering if that is it. No check engine light, I saw a few folks say that came on for them to alert them to potential problems. Anybody else have an experience like this?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Need to see somebody with 1 of these ---

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts