Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to replace an engine or transmission mount on their Santa Fe?

I was recently told that the jerks I feel when shifting at low speeds could be due to a broken engine/transmission mount.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hopefully one of the pros will reply but I believe you have (3) mounts. 1 front dead center on the subframe 1 back dead center on the subframe and 1 next to the coolant jug on the top.

Get underneath remove the splash shield and take a look at the mounts make sure no fluid or cracks and take a pipe and see if there is any play. Be careful they have molex connectors on the mounts.

Also with emergency brake on and wheels chucked in the front APPLY BRAKE PEDDLE and with car in gear accelerate to 2000 RPM and see if they engine is flying around. Obviously you need a partner to run this test.

Look on you tube for videos with bad engine mounts. If you do need to replace I would recommend going with OEM part not Anchor or other 3rd party manufacturer.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
@santa22
Your comment about the Molex connectors reminded me to ask a question that I've meant to ask before and just never remembered at an appropriate moment...

Has anyone had enough experience with these 'active mounts' to be able to say how they behave when they fail to change their dampening characteristics as they are expected to do? I would assume that the typical complaint would be an increase in vibration being sensed in the cabin, but ... anything else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts