Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What other hyundais can I consider to replace a 2003 2.0L XD (non cvvt)? Its an automatic.
Mine has the backward thrust washer birth defect and has tossed both of the thrust washer pieces into the oil pan....After 116,000 miles.
Surprisingly enough, the crank and journals look fine, but I do not believe I can re-install the thrust washers inframe and add new main bearings without pulling the crank out (pulling the engine) and doing front/rear seals, covers, etc. Bearings I can do under the car, but I think the thrust washers must be placed before the crank goes into the block.

So I'm shopping for a complete (salvage yard) engine to swap into my 2003 to be sold soon after, and then do a complete rebuild of the birth defect to install in my 2001 elantra later on.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Call the bone yards They have cross reference books that will tell what can go into it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Your "birth defect" block might not be of any use.. have to look.. I ditched one almost a yr ago from 08 Tiburon,, the tone wheel on crank was missing most of wheel, rest of engine was fine,, they supplied used engine.. sat in shop for good while, we tossed it with rest of Sonata long blocks, piling up in back of shop

Find your basic lower in all XD Elantra,, 03-08 Tiburon,, and Elantra Touring.. Just make sure head is same as what on original engine to chassis / engine control...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts