Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.4l
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Santa Fe 2.0 Turbo

Engine replacement extended to 120k, but correct me if I am wrong but the 10 yr has not..
Car had 69k miles will be 8 yrs old in June so it will reach 10yr limit first...
Keep or trade @ the 10yr mark ?
Tks

·
Registered
254 Posts
2013 Santa Fe 2.0 Turbo

Engine replacement extended to 120k, but correct me if I am wrong but the 10 yr has not..
Car had 69k miles will be 8 yrs old in June so it will reach 10yr limit first...
Keep or trade @ the 10yr mark ?
Tks
Chances are the engine will die----Did you get the S/W update with the knock sensor? I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you'll get the lifetime engine warranty regardless....Can someone chime in and confirm this to be the case? Both our engines went bad on the 2014 (2.4L) and 2015 (2.0T) and were told NOW we have a lifetime warranty. Without it failing I'm not sure

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.4l
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S/W knock had been updated..
Best bet is the engine dies b-4
the 10yr timeframe is up.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
S/W knock had been updated..
Best bet is the engine dies b-4
the 10yr timeframe is up.
You have an unlimited motor replacement...not to fear! That's what lawyers are for.

Reactions: Joemsj51

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Most of these engines are not dieing. Mine has 177K and runs like new. --Jerry
Dying
Your mileage is impressive Jerry.
Either please update your profile with year - make - model - engine. Or place the info in your Signature.
Would be even better if you included your residence State. I'm guessing either New Mexico or California, based on "Carlsbad".

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Joe. I put a profile post with my 2 Hyundai. Drove the Sante Fe (with 177K miles) to Palm desert (over the mountains) this weekend and it was quiet and smooth like a new one. I was following an SUV up the hills through the switchbacks. I was smoothly catching up to him in all the turns but he would pull away from me in the straights (because I didn't feel the need to speed up). Eventually I caught him when we came up behind some slower traffic. Turned out to be a BMW X6. I think he probably could have hung with me in the turns...maybe just needs a driving lesson.

I should have replaced the shocks, struts and sway bar links earlier. I think I'll replace the tie rod ends this week. They don't seem bad but I bet I'll be able to tell the difference.

I have been shopping for a luxury SUV. Drove Acura and Lexus. While both are nice, I feel like if I'm going to spend $50-60k on a car it should be exactly what I want. Not finding that, I've quit shopping and will try again in a year or 2.

This morning I came out of the hotel and found a new mustang with the hood up (claimed he left his lights on). He asked me if I had jumper cables but I told him I quit carrying cables when I started replacing my battery before it dies. I replace them every 3 or 4 years, depending on how much time they spend in the heat. Lately I don't go to the desert much in the summer. Big believer in preventive maintenance.

I'm in Carlsbad, CA .

I think I need to drive to Oregon (over 1000 miles one way) in March to pick up some high end speakers. I'll probably take the Sante fe.

take care,
Jerry

·
Registered
254 Posts
Most of these engines are not dieing. Mine has 177K and runs like new. --Jerry
You’re lucky I guess. No such luck here. We baby our vehicles and both had the same problems. Saturday I got rid of the 2014 Hyundai because I was sick of having two cars that I could not trust beyond a 100 mile radius. When we brought in our two engine failures the Hyundai service dept was swamped with other engine failures. Never again...I’m done with Hyundai.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unfortunately my trip just got cancelled. It was a dual purpose trip--pick up a pair of speakers and watch my son play a college golf tournament at Bandon Dunes. just heard that spectators will not be allowed....so I'll figure out a different way to get the speakers...maybe borrow a Cessna. Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts