Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In January I noticed a ticking coming from the engine of my 2012 Elantra. I brought it to a garage locally where they informed me the engine timing was off, but it wasn't something they could repair so it would need to go to a Hyundai dealer to be diagnosed and repaired. I live in Fort McMurray so the closest dealership is in Edmonton. After calling West Edmonton Hyundai and filling them in on the issue they advised me to make the >400km drive without informing me that there was an affiliate garage in Fort Mac that they deal with where I could have gone. Half way to Edmonton an engine seal broke leading to damage with the bearings and pistons and basically losing my entire engine. First Hyundai quoted me $3000, then $7000, then $5000 for repairs. There is 111, 000km on the engine and has had regular servicing since the day it was bought. I submitted all my oil change receipts to Hyundai Canada but they still would not cover a good will warranty. Has anyone has this issue before and had any success with getting Hyundai to cover some of the cost? The fact that they would advise someone with engine trouble to make such a long drive and then not take any responsibility seems bizarre.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for your luck!

the other thread that was posted above gave me the most information when I brought my elantra into the dealership. I was told that me engine needed to be replaced and that it would take 2-3 weeks to get warranty approval and another month to a month and half to get the engine in because they are doing SO MANY engines they are on back order.

I too was told to keep driving my car... basically was told " we'll give you a loaner if your engine blows "...

Also, I am in Edmonton... The west end Hyundai dealer has ( last time I heard ) engines on order that are spoken for... I originally called them, then I called Leduc Hyundai and they have 9 engines on order that are spoken for...

I can't speak for the other dealerships but I would imagine they are close to the same.

I hope you are able to come to a solution with Hyundai!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts