Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one since i dont have temp indicator in my 2010 HD i used to check it through Obd2 my question is how much degree should it be ??

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Should open at 82C and be fully open at 94C. Will probably run a couple degrees higher than the opening temp when driving.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Where are you? What engine do you have?

The American one, 2.0 NA, petrol, has thermostat rated at 82 C. That is it will keep engine at about 82-85 C while driving.
Stationery it may go up till about 95-96, while at 95 radiator fan kicks in and engine temp should drop. With AC on, it will rarely go over 90 C.
Fully open should be by 95 C, as @Red Raspberry mentioned.
Seeing 98-99 is a tad high.
But I know that other engines have different thermostats. They vary by country...

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I have a high temp t-stat (87C) in my Accent but the high end fully open spec (95C) is the same as the OE 82C t-stat.

If the car is exceeding 95C then the fans, water pump or radiator are suspect.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a high temp t-stat (87C) in my Accent but the high end fully open spec (95C) is the same as the OE 82C t-stat.

If the car is exceeding 95C then the fans, water pump or radiator are suspect.
Did you monitor the temperature somehow?
I was looking for a higher temp thermostat, but the problem I found was that with rated 86 C it was opening too slowly and when it would hit 95, even when it would fully open at that time, it would not drop below 88 to turn the radiator fan off, because it would be almost fully closed. At least that would be on idle.
When driving that is not a problem.

What thermostat (model, part number) did you use?

EDIT.
Oh wait, you are talking about Accent and that one by default is higher, isn't it?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I monitor the temp all the time. I used a 1.5L Accent Stant t-stat. If the fan is not shutting off there are other issues. My fan comes on at 96C and shuts off at 90C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts