Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't find another thread about this topic.

Considering temperatures are going down to freezing overnight, I was surprised to see my temp guage was at one bar at start up. I hadn't driven the vehicle for 13 hours.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

Lurn 2 Spel

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Mine is always at one bar at startup. Also in Southern Ont.... guess it's just programmed that way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Web it's cold I usually let the engine warm up a bit before driving. I suppose I will need to wait until I see bar # 2.

Lurn 2 Spel

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Same, 1 bar at start, then goes up to 1 bar before center then just sits there.
Has anyone ever seen it higher? Perhaps pulling trailer, etc.?

I have a secondary indicator and alarm and also OBD data that showed 110 Celsius while climbing hills in 40 degree (Celsius) weather during trip to Great Basin National Park.

My dash gauge never moved. Nothing boiled over, etc. but I had expected to see some change on the dash gauge.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Guys,

OF COURSE it's gonna be at one bar at start up. The car doesn't magically "get warm" the second you start the engine. And for the record, cranking the heat in the cabin to full doesn't help. The heat escapes the engine too quickly for it to reach normal running temps in 5 mins. It's pure logic

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys,

OF COURSE it's gonna be at one bar at start up. The car doesn't magically "get warm" the second you start the engine. And for the record, cranking the heat in the cabin to full doesn't help. The heat escapes the engine too quickly for it to reach normal running temps in 5 mins. It's pure logic
OF COURSE???
I expected no bars when cold. When the gas tank is empty there are no bars, I thought there might be some continuity.

Lurn 2 Spel

·
Registered
759 Posts
OF COURSE???
I expected no bars when cold. When the gas tank is empty there are no bars, I thought there might be some continuity.

Lurn 2 Spel
I know what you were getting at when you asked this... and it does make sense that it would be "no bars" at a cold start up... but so be it.

I thought the last bar blinks??

Anyways...
Only the last bar blinks on the fuel gauge when you get really low.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I know, but he's saying when it's empty there are none, I'm almost postive that this is false even if the connection is unplugged at pump, it still blinks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts