Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the site and this is my first post. I've owned my 2003 Tibby i4 for a few years and she's starting to let go. There are enough problems on the all stock i4 engine that I am debating an engine rebuild or an entire engine swap. My budget is limited and I am not really looking to increase performance. I just don't want to let this awesome car go cause for the most part its been great to me. Any advice on engine compatibility would be great. Also I need to be super realistic here, nothing fancy. Thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
The best bet on a budget would be to get the same engine to replace it. For a 2003 I believe most Elantra engines would be compatible. To swap for the 2.7 V6 or any other engine you will need a new ECU and probably some wiring harnesses. Not sure what else....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good advise , Find a good salvage engine in your price range , most yards can tell you what is compatible / direct swap .

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Swap the engine, that be fastest-least expensive option.

Make sure replacement engine has same head/camcover shape as removed engine, as there is 3 head style used on the 2.0

·
Registered
8 Posts
These guys are defiantly right. Check car-parts.com they are the salvage site that scrap yards use to find their parts. I just posted a response on another thread about this, I'll get the link over here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts