Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I put in new injectors. All of them.
Tank is 1/2 full...
Here keeps raining, I didn't have time to work on the car anymore and since it is my spare car... it's not urgent.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Send a bit this way. We haven't had a decent rain for months but They predict that's about to change over the next few days. Isn't it good to have more than one car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am experiencing similar low rpm stalling. I am looking into the diaphram at the end of the fuel rail. I suppose it may be stuck. It looks very old and very oxidized. Original to my 98 sonata. Whatever my problem is it is from sitting for 3 months. High rpm and it runs really smooth.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am experiencing similar low rpm stalling. I am looking into the diaphram at the end of the fuel rail. I suppose it may be stuck. High rpm and it runs really smooth.
Low fuel pressure will cause stumbling problems but I don't think it would keep logging a code for a specific cylinder.
In my case I am not getting any codes other than 0300.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I put in some "heet" fuel anti-water (basically methyl alcohol). I have to drive it a bit to see if it made a difference.

The fuel rail starts feeding the injectors with #6, then #4, #2... so if it's water in gas, it makes sense to "drain" firstly in #6.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I had one my own cars that I left stand for some time and when I went to start it up it ran like a dog and because the codes were very basic (older car) I went chasing electrical problems only to end up trying injector cleaner and it started getting better by the day and after 3 days it was back to it's old self and running perfectly. If you heey does nothing I think you need to get back looking for an air leak.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts