Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 10 to 20 mins either driving or idle the engine stops and will not start again for afew hours or so. What could be the cause?

Thanks for u'r help in advance.
Bill

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (Billy2423 @ Aug 24 2010, 12:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351633
After about 10 to 20 mins either driving or idle the engine stops and will not start again for afew hours or so. What could be the cause?

Thanks for u'r help in advance.
Bill
Off hand I'd say you have a malfunctioning sensor. I would get someone to plug a diagnostic code reader into the diagnostic plug to see what the computer thinks is going wrong. When the engine starts, not all the sensors are used in the computers calculations until the engine gets warm, so you could have a problem with a sensor that isn't used initially or you have a sensor that fails when it gets hot & when the car stands for a while allowing things to cool, it all appears to work for a short while. I've run across similar symptoms caused by sensors like the Crank Position Sensor & the Throttle Position Sensor, but see what the computer sees, that can often point you in the right direction - otherwise you can get into the mode of replacing one sensor at a time until you have the one failing & this can be costly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a INNOVA 3100e OBDll and this is the code PO722 = output shaft speed sensor-no signal.

now i am lost as different auto stores are listing different sensors as there is not the one above but u have to just put in speed sensor.
http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?D=shaf...ft+speed+sensor that is the only place i found that says output shaft speed sensor.

So is this what i need? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could not find that part on the car. Bought from dealer the Generator Pulse assy #45955 22701 and installed that but still shuts off. Anymore help. Thank U

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Billy2423 @ Dec 7 2010, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377694
I could not find that part on the car. Bought from dealer the Generator Pulse assy #45955 22701 and installed that but still shuts off. Anymore help. Thank U
P-0722 on that Accent = reprogram TCM with program #18 -- 98% of the time... after inspecting resistance on pins 3 & 4 for the output pulse generator.. if pulse generator is out of spec, then replace and reprogam TCM with program #18 (TSB for ACCENT with P-0722)

Trans sensor will do nothing for engine control concern...

I be more concerned with the crank position sensor for engine stall hot, restart cold.

Then while you have GDS hooked up and in the ECU UPRADE mode, may as well finish off the engine programs too,,, #52 for Oxygen Sensor logic is the most recent..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I knew the it needs reprogramed. I will check pins 3 & 4. But still need to get the car to run so I can get it to a dealer to have TCM reprogramed. Maybe replace the crank sensor too, to see if it will run. Winter here now, so not sure when i will get back to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts