Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Hyundai has a manual transmission and has 130,000 miles on it. It gets regular servicing from the garage I go to.

Here are the symptoms, maybe someone can come up with a solution:

Recently, if I stall the engine and then restart it the engine has to crank for a bit before starting. Then, when I shift into first gear the car immediately starts shuddering as if it’s going to stall again. I have to rev the engine and shift up to third gear to stop this from happening. The transaxle warning symbol appears on the dash board. The car runs normally from that point on, though if I have to shift down to 2nd or 1st gear it again feels as if it’s going to stall.

After letting the car sit for a while the problem disappears.

Yesterday, I stalled the car while backing up a small incline. This time when I tried to restart the engine I couldn’t get it started at all. I let it sit for 15-20 minutes, tried to start it again and this time it ran fine and the usual problem with the first two gears didn’t occur.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to the mechanic who worked on it and he told me there were no error messages in the computer.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Next time the car stalls and doesn’t want to start, watch the Tach (RPM) and see if it moves as you are cranking, if it doesn’t move, most likely it’s the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next time the car stalls and doesn’t want to start, watch the Tach (RPM) and see if it moves as you are cranking, if it doesn’t move, most likely it’s the Crankshaft Position Sensor.
Monday I'm going to take it to a different garage, one I've used in the past. The car was acting up yesterday so I drove it there and had one of the mechanics ride with me briefly so he could observe what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Kevin50
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing