Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've been browsing carcomplaints.com website, and there have been multiple reports of engine stalling while driving that happens with 2015+ Sonata models (both 2.4L and 2.0T engines affected). Some incidents were reported to have happened on the highway.

Have any of you had any similar experiences?

My 2015 Sonata is currently under a lease, which ends in 2019.

I'm debating whether to buy out the car at the end or simply return it.

I really like the comfort and the ride quality of this car, but if reliability and safety is a concern, I don't want to take my chances.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi all,

I've been browsing carcomplaints.com website, and there have been multiple reports of engine stalling while driving that happens with 2015+ Sonata models (both 2.4L and 2.0T engines affected). Some incidents were reported to have happened on the highway.

Have any of you had any similar experiences?

My 2015 Sonata is currently under a lease, which ends in 2019.

I'm debating whether to buy out the car at the end or simply return it.

I really like the comfort and the ride quality of this car, but if reliability and safety is a concern, I don't want to take my chances.
Regardless of what vehicle you drive. You're playing the game called life. Do you remember the RX-8 and all the engine problems those had? My uncle has one with over 130k miles stock engine and no problems. If you really like the car, you have taken care of it, and it has been issue free. I don't see a reason to not buy the car.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
CPS (crankshaft position sensor) If the computer can not tell where the crankshaft is, I bet the car will turn off. Was a problem with a lot of Jeep models. Replace the sensor, no more engine shut off when driving.

No error codes are being given ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts