Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read several threads about this but they all kind of peter out without any solid answers. I have a 2015 elantra four door, runs fine cold, once warm it dies at idle, but starts right up again, doesnt struggle before or after, just dies. ideas please?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Best starting point would be to have your dealer scan for codes. Intermittent failures are the bane of troubleshooting.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,581 Posts
All sorts of things can cause a stall of the engine
And it becomes even tougher to figure out when it is intermittent

Faulty crankshaft sensors have been known to be a source of stalling problems
And this won't necessarily turn on the CEL nor store a code
Simply not enough drive time or cycle to have a DTC stored

Idle Speed Control or Idle Air Control can cause the engine to stall
Usually a little cleaning spray and it could start to work right again

Clogged or faulty injectors can also cause a stall
Faulty fuel pump
And the list goes on

So where do we start??

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive read several threads about this but they all kind of peter out without any solid answers. I have a 2015 elantra four door, runs fine cold, once warm it dies at idle, but starts right up again, doesnt struggle before or after, just dies. ideas please?
Did the engine start “ticking” about a week before? Mine (2013) did, then started stalling at deceleration. Once it stalled on the highway in motion (rush hour traffic luckily) I brought it in to the dealer. What my car has is a known problem. They’ve recalled Santa Fes and Sonatas but not Elantras. Google ‘Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Kia short block Recall’ for info but bring yours in right away. Mine is still under extended warranty but from what I understand, Hyundai will cover this problem regardless of warranty. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts