Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My wife and I have both experienced this issue. She experienced the issue about 2 months ago, me just last week (but 2-3 times on one short trip).

With the active eco on, the engine stalled while driving. I've done some preliminary research and thought it might have to do with the recalls, but the car was repaired for the recalls and there are no current recalls. Several lights lit up on the dash. I pulled over, started and kept going. It happened again, so I pulled over, started and turned active eco off. Did not happen again on the rest of the way home.

Not sure if it's related, but the car has been having trouble reading one of our keys for the last month or two. It doesn't register while in my pocket, but will if I pull the key out of my pocket.

Any thoughts? Would love to find the cheapest option to resolve. So if it's DIY-able solution, great. Or is this something that a dealership would need to rectify?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Stall and restart is an issue with fuel/air/spark/sensor

Visit autopart store to get a free CEL/SES code scanning.... pending active previous AND write down the codes. Have them all cleared.

Stall recall/tsb is actually engine SEIZING. It won't restart!

Dead battery in remote? change both fob batteries

Change the engine air filter, spark plugs, clean the throttle body, use a bottle of FI cleaner with PEA, clean the battery terminals, do an IVD cleaning with CRC spray or equivalent, and use quality toptier fuel. I would also change the oil/filter now, step up 1 grade from recommended, and keep an eye on the oil level.

Engine? mileage? previous maintenance history?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
152K miles - original engine.

I ended up taking it in and they think it's the engine - some knocking noise as well. They are sending the info to Hyundai to hopefully get an exception on the recall.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
There is no exception required. Dealer should submit for "approval" and order the engine. Once engine has rod knock, its becomes Hyundai's problem and expense... They will probably hit you for some extras... like radiator hoses, engine air filter, or whatever dealer BS they get away with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with deadrx7conv.. dealer might try to say repair cost is up to you because mileage.. but keep pushing and deal with Hyundai directly not dealer.. it will be covered..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts