Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The engine shield under the motor was damaged, I don't know if it's related to normal wear or not.

Looks like the price of this part is 400 usd without installing it.

2 questions:

• Is this part covered by the 5 years warranty?
  • If not, why this part is so expensive as it's a simple piece of plastic and does anyone have the exact reference.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys.

I have the part which is broken, I will try to repair it (attach the separated part to the main one) to save some bucks... I can't understand this simple piece is so expensive...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks you guys.

I have the part which is broken, I will try to repair it (attach the separated part to the main one) to save some bucks... I can't understand this simple piece is so expensive...
Zeflex
I repaired mine on my 2017 KIA Sportage (very similar to the one on the Tucson)
I used some fiberglass cloth and epoxy, it came out great. The cover seems to be made of a card-boardy/fiber material.
PS: I gashed my bottom engine cover on road debris.

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone know what size bolts are on these, trying to get some new u nuts since i think some of the threads might be stripped

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kyle12543 The access cover has eight 10mm hex x 6mm thread diameter bolts

I modified my under engine oil & oil filter access cover on thread: Oil drain plug access on 2020 Ultimate
"Long story, but that is why I decided to cut two neat round holes ( 4" hole saw) in our access cover to make the oil filter and drain plug access easy for me on our Tucson. Now I only have to remove 1 SS screw in each cover."
( Access cover has 8-10mm hex by 6mm thread diameter bolts)

Cover Under Engine.jpg P1080120.jpg P1080122.jpg P1080125.jpgP1080128.jpg

x

·
Registered
74 Posts
View attachment 452928

Repaired ! Let's hope it will not move again :)
Sadly there are a number of damage reports about the under covers on this forum, that apparently happened during oil & oil filter changes at shops.
See also thread: Under Engine Cover, and my post #10 thread: Oil drain plug access on 2020 Ultimate .
Your access cover looks like the tech tried to pull down the cover enough to remove the oil filter without removing all the bolts - and it cracked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts