Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I own a Sta Fe 2008 model 2.7 few weeks ago it started to shake as soon as I start to drive the car even at low speed. is a shaking in the front axis and seems like the axis is misaligned and loose. suspension, cv joint, and bearing in the semi-axis on the passenger side have been replace but the strange vibration continue. if the gear is in neutral there is no vibration even at 100 KPH. I suspect something inside the ATM box is faulty. any one with some clues or similar issue? thanks.
Fill

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
There are a dozen things that can cause this. Some ideas to try:

At a low speed when it normally happens, put the transmission in neutral and coast for a hundred meters or so. If the shaking stops, it's probably not a bad tire or warped wheel.

With your left foot firmly on the brakes and nothing close that you might hit, put it in drive and give it enough gas to get the engine speed up to about 1500-2000 RPM. If it shakes, it might be the transmission or it might be an engine problem. A simple single-cylinder misfire could cause shaking during normal driving, worsening when trying to accelerate.

Do you have a check engine light (CEL)? Whether you do or not, getting the engine controller scanned for trouble codes should be among the first things to do. Have you had any work done on the car recently?

How many kilometers on the odometer? We know it's a 2008 but we don't know how far it's been driven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts