Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know of the engine sensor parameters and their values from the obd reader? g/s for maf sensor etc. Santa fe 2017 2.2 diesel
Going into limp mode under acceleration code P118600 low fuel rail pressure, but resets once ignition restarted. Maf jumps from 6g/s to 12 g/s on idle with noticeable engine tone difference whilst staying at 800 rpm,

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,639 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the MAF signal if there's a fuel pressure trouble code being logged. The problem is much more likely to be with the fuel system. It could be something as simple as a dirty fuel filter. Do you know when the filter was last replaced?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just done fuel and air filter few weeks ago thinking same as you. Reading on Internet 2.2 litre should use 2.2g/s of air or thereabouts, I'm getting 7 on idle going up to 12 with significant change in engine noise but same revs. On obd it goes red after 6g/s as if out of range, was wondering if anyone knew what all the obd readings should be

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,639 Posts
Just done fuel and air filter few weeks ago thinking same as you.
If the low pressure code isn't being caused by a dirty filter, it is probably being caused by a fuel leak. Possibly a faulty injector. An injector leak off test would be a sensible next step.

Reading on Internet 2.2 litre should use 2.2g/s of air or thereabouts
I don't know what all the figures should be for your engine off the top of my head. But I do know there is no way 2.2g/s is correct. My 1.5 CRDi engine reads more than that when the engine isn't even running...

Changes in MAF will be due to changes in EGR flow. The higher the EGR flow the lower the MAF, because the exhaust gas takes up space in the cylinders that would normally be filled by the incoming air.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts