Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving in sport mode in my 2013 elantra sedan ,and stopped at a traffic light I forgot that I had it in sport mode. It got up there in RPM,but then shifted on its own. Is it bad for it even though it shifted at those revs?

·
Registered
952 Posts
If you talking from 1st to 2nd. The tranny/ecu will shift it self at 5200ish rpm. 2nd to 3rd around 6000ish.

Even in sport mode you still have a automatic tranny. Sport mode just gives you some control but not complete control.

My problem is when shifting from 1st to 2nd it shift just when I am about to shift and it ends up in 3rd, but if I catch it time I can down shift it back to second before it gets to 3rd.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanx for the information, i have this car since April 2012 & I never knew about that! I only have barely 14k miles on it,and never beat on her.I use the sport mode on the highway to speed up slowly without having it downshift automatically. Basically i just forgot to put it back to normal drive mode. Just as I relized it ,it shifted. I previously owned a built mustang GT and was always hitting the rev limiter on it without worrying. With this car I have no desire to drive it any other way but like an old man LOL!

·
22,793 Posts
Basically i just forgot to put it back to normal drive mode.

I have no desire to drive it any other way but like an old man LOL!
Take it from a genuine and authentic old man, most of us have done this! But even old men have a little fun with the gas every once in a while!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks for standing up for us "elder statesmen", Rich. Actually I mostly do drive like an old man, but only cause I can imagine the fuel gauge dropping if I hooned about.

Geoff

·
22,793 Posts
Thanks for standing up for us "elder statesmen", Rich.

Geoff
Oh, is that what we're known as now? No more "geezers, antiques, senile old fa*ts, stuff like that? Political correctness has gone over the cliff! :grin: Sincerely, Elder Statesman.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts