Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I came here in search of possiblities before I decide to try Hyundai here. I have a 2013 Tucson, 4 cylinder. I bought it brand new with only 100kms on it from being test driven. I now have 16,000km (9941 miles). Ever since I have owned the vehicle I have had this thing happen where while I am driving, I might take my foot off of the gas pedal, usually because I need to slow down a bity, and sometimes I hit the brake just slighty, sometimes not, but when I go to apply pressure back on the gas pedal, the engine revs up crazily like the vehicle is inbetween gears. There is no pressure pshing back on the pedal while this happens. I asked my dad who is a mechanic and he has never heard of this happening before. I can not replicate it by trying, it just happens. I have owned the vehicle for 8 months now and this happens regularly. I really want to know if this is normal or worth taking tpo the dealership?

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Moved to "LM" 2010-up forum for better response.

By the way, is it auto or manual? When it happened again, go to the dealer, you are under warranty. Their worry, not yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is GLS automatic. I ease down most times when I come to a corner and this shoots the vehicle off. As you have said; you don't know when this is going to happen!

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Tell your dealer tech to see if it is related to the faulty transmission temperature sensor which is a known problem.
But without a code on the cpu, they may not do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eco is off. Does it when its on or off although it is less noticeable when on. Automatic transmission. It seems to be happening at least once a day. Called my dealership, and just scared me with the whole "if we cant solve it we have to charge you" speech. I'm pretty broke these days. Sorry for takingso long to reply, been super busy! My dad who is a mechanic said to keep driving it until it gives out completely...

·
Registered
15 Posts
"if we cant solve it we have to charge you" speech. I'm pretty broke these days. .
That's total BS. if that was the case, what's to stop them using this line every time one of these mystery issues comes in to the workshop? They could fix it to stop you coming back again, but claim that they couldn't find anything and the problem must have gone away on its own (or you imagined it).,.. I've had my car in the workshop 3 times to fix an interior rattle, it's still there and I'll be going back again, and no way would I accept that line.

·
Registered
749 Posts
the only way you can be charged is if the dealer finds the source of the issue and it is deemed not warrantable.

even if its not a warrantable concern, you can fight a diagnostic charge if no recommendations were made to repair the fault (presumably because it could not be located). What good is a diagnostic (charge) if no faulty parts/components are found.

food for thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took mine in - on the 9th day the service personnel at the dealers was driving the car when it lurched and raced off. They later attached the analyzer and there was nothing wrong with the car. As stated before - this happens randomly - the dealers turned up the values on the car. They returned a faster car to me with the incident more frequent. I took it back and they changed the air filter and clean the throttle body.
I believe they are fishing - I sent an email to the manufacture and I am awaiting a response as I am not satisfied with the efforts of the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I spoke with a tech guru who mentioned that sometimes there is what is called a 'wounded chip'. This is not identified not until whatever chip/sensor is acting up. Whenever it is not acting up - evrything seems normal. he mentioned that could be what is happening.
What is happening with the vehicle is life threatening - the dealers have nothing to lose - if they cannot deal with it - they contact the manufacturer for help.
Send an email to the manufacturer - just go to Hyundai worldwide website.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts