Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

Registered
'15 LF 2.0T Limited
While the time frame is terrible, the engine is actually remanufactured in a different plant than the new engines, as far as I can tell. The turbo, I cannot say.
It seems as though there are many back orders across many manufacturers since the pandemic
Yes, it was clear that the engine had to be at a different plant because they received the engine within a week. It's the turbo that is on the longest back order and there's no estimation in sight! I'm so disappointed in Hyundai right now, because while it's great that they have warrantied all these engines (although forced via a Class Action), it's a shame that their original manufacturing wasn't good enough to prevent this!

Registered
On the plus side, if the turbo is free, its a great thing

Registered
I have heard that a turbo was replaced during an engine replacement for free, because the metal shavings also messed up the turbo.but the car might also have been within the warranty period, I am not sure

Registered
'15 LF 2.0T Limited
I have heard that a turbo was replaced during an engine replacement for free, because the metal shavings also messed up the turbo.but the car might also have been within the warranty period, I am not sure
I can guarantee to y'all, that I will NOT be paying for any Turbo replacement, LOL! @Turbonut
But yes, I'm not sure if others are having dealerships tell them they have to pay for the Turbo replacement. If so, I would advise to push back against that!

Registered
I can guarantee to y'all, that I will NOT be paying for any Turbo replacement, LOL! @Turbonut
But yes, I'm not sure if others are having dealerships tell them they have to pay for the Turbo replacement. If so, I would advise to push back against that!
I only know of one that reported the turbo was replaced, but never investigated any farther, however, I know of other 2.0T engines replaced and the turbo was not part of the replacement, nor were the owners notified that the turbos were destroyed, mine included.

Registered
'15 LF 2.0T Limited
I only know of one that reported the turbo was replaced, but never investigated any farther, however, I know of other 2.0T engines replaced and the turbo was not part of the replacement, nor were the owners notified that the turbos were destroyed, mine included.

OH DANG! That is crazy. Yes, I specifically asked when they mentioned they were replacing the engine. I figured the Turbo might be an issue, so I said "Does this mean the turbo has to be replaced?" and they confirmed "sadly, yes!" I believe they said sadly because they knew that I would be without my vehicle until who knows when due to Turbo backorders.

Registered
OH DANG! That is crazy. Yes, I specifically asked when they mentioned they were replacing the engine. I figured the Turbo might be an issue, so I said "Does this mean the turbo has to be replaced?" and they confirmed "sadly, yes!" I believe they said sadly because they knew that I would be without my vehicle until who knows when due to Turbo backorders.
The engines themselves take some time as the demand is overwhelming, but keep us informed if they do replace the Turbo.

Registered
'15 LF 2.0T Limited
The engines themselves take some time as the demand is overwhelming, but keep us informed if they do replace the Turbo.
Will do. Yes, the engines take time but I know they have already received the engine. They're just waiting on the turbo.

Registered
Will do. Yes, the engines take time but I know they have already received the engine. They're just waiting on the turbo.
Did you actually see the 2.0T engine? Reason I ask, is that I always have a distrust with anything the stealership states.
Hate to be this way, but after many decades of being involved in the auto industry, experience is paramount.
Also, in a month they could have received the turbo from Korea.

Called a buddy of mine at Hyundai and there are a substantial number of turbocharges in stock at various stealerships in Texas.
They could get one from one of the other stealerships as long as the stealership doesn't have that one allocated to a repair order.
If they won't release one, that would be hard to believe with so many available, but his advice is to make certain the stealership
has the turbo on a high priority order, E order, XVOR order.
Normally he would see the turbo in 4 or 5 days after an order is placed.

Registered
'15 LF 2.0T Limited
Did you actually see the 2.0T engine? Reason I ask, is that I always have a distrust with anything the stealership states.
Hate to be this way, but after many decades of being involved in the auto industry, experience is paramount.
Also, in a month they could have received the turbo from Korea.

Called a buddy of mine at Hyundai and there are a substantial number of turbocharges in stock at various stealerships in Texas.
They could get one from one of the other stealerships as long as the stealership doesn't have that one allocated to a repair order.
If they won't release one, that would be hard to believe with so many available, but his advice is to make certain the stealership
has the turbo on a high priority order, E order, XVOR order.
Normally he would see the turbo in 4 or 5 days after an order is placed.
Nice, I'll speak with the dealership about that then. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it, cuz I truly don't trust this dealership at all. I'm wondering though, why would they want to keep my car and pay to keep me in a rental vehicle for 2 months at their costs if something wasn't stuck on backorder.

Registered
Nice, I'll speak with the dealership about that then. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it, cuz I truly don't trust this dealership at all. I'm wondering though, why would they want to keep my car and pay to keep me in a rental vehicle for 2 months at their costs if something wasn't stuck on backorder.
Beats me, stealerships make decisions that boggle the mind, but have no clue as to why in this case.
Work load? Why they just can't be honest?
Good luck and keep us informed.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts