Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First short drive to the local coffee shop went without a hitch.... from that point onward, trouble reared its ugly head. Car started fine but stalled on first brake application with the skid-control light illuminated, restarted fine but stalled again on next brake application (skid-control light stayed on). Decided to head for the dealer which was only a few blocks away, drove there knowing that it may stall when brakes were applied (engine would start, idle and operate when driving but the problem would only occur on brake application.... approx when the transmission would down shift to third or second gear). My last stop before turning into the dealer's parking lot, the engine quit and refused to restart.... finally came back to life after about 5mins and was able to complete my somewhat dangerous trip (whole journey was on very quiet back streets). At first I thought it could be related to the infamous brake switch but the service rep informed me that they couldn't communicate with any control module with the scan tool. Now I sit and wait, hopefully they will call with some good news soon. :eek:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like an electronic, sensor related gremlin. Do share what they diagnose as the issue.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect the car will be there for a few days.... service dept waiting for instructions from Hyundai.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be a bad brake booster, a broken diaphragm would cause a vacuum leak and mess up the fuel air mix.
Definitely not mechanical.... engine will not start (not even crank) and they have no communication with the any Control Modules with the Scan tool. I would lean more towards a computer or wiring. A failure in one module could knock out the CAN-bus therefore preventing access to the other modules.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update... apparently ECU at fault. Part ordered, should have the car back by late tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check engine light came on Saturday morning, checked to see what was causing the light to illuminate: P0453 - Evaporative Emissions Control System Pressure Sensor High Input. I considered waiting for a return visit to the dealer but went ahead and cleared the fault. I figured that the fault would return if still present but so far all is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts