Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 with 45,000 miles. It has been idling goofy for a while. Last winter when it was cold it the engine when first started would jump around between 200 - 800rpm when idling. I went and had the fuel system cleaned. It wasn't noticeable when it was warm out and it did not jump around as dramatically on cold starts. Lately it started bouncing on every start from 400rpm-800rpm. It drives fine, just idles bouncy. The other night it lost power while driving. The engine was running but when the accelerator was pushed it would not speed up. It was limping along at 20mph and the engine light on the dash turned on. After sitting for little bit, the engine light was off and drove normally again. I have an apt. for the dealer to look at it next week, but of course I will not be able to recreate the event and there are no error codes. Anyone experience this and/or know the issue?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
What you have is with 99.9% assurance a classic problem with TPS (throttle position sensor). Based upon your year and miles, it will be a warranty job. It's frequent enough that your dealer should have the part on the shelf. They'll change it out and reflash the ECU with some new code and send you on your way.

Be SURE you report it to him exactly has you have reported it to us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts