Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Yes Sir, but after testing both the cam and the crank sensor the cam one gives very little change but the crank seems to give a satisfactory reading.
Can you give us some numbers? Tell us what made you go after them.
If the engine light is on....what are the codes? Actual code number not 'cam sensor'.....

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
You do realise your already advising this poster on another thread :
Car cranks but does not start.

Rather than check the sensors he should be checking the sensor wiring. Specifically the cam sensor power supply because it will almost certainly not have one if there is no check light when the ignition is switched on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you give us some numbers? Tell us what made you go after them.
If the engine light is on....what are the codes? Actual code number not 'cam sensor'.....
The engine light is not on, but the diagnosis found no problem with the computer. Since I could see that there is no spark, I tested the crank and the cam sensor with a multimeter, the two wired crank sensor readings are satisfactory but the three wired cam sensor has nearly no reading. I also tested the wires coming to the sensors from the computer with a test light, only the three wired cam sensor gives sign of power when the ignition is on.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
the three wired cam sensor has nearly no reading.
What reading does the test plan specify you should get? Is nearly no reading (whatever than means) incorrect?

Walker 1.6gl said:
I also tested the wires coming to the sensors from the computer with a test light, only the three wired cam sensor gives sign of power when the ignition is on.
That's interesting. It suggests the engine control (MAIN) relay is being switched on, which I wouldn't have expected when the engine check light isn't on.
Was the check light working properly before this non start fault developed?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What reading does the test plan specify you should get? Is nearly no reading (whatever than means) incorrect?

That's interesting. It suggests the engine control (MAIN) relay is being switched on, which I wouldn't have expected when the engine check light isn't on.

Yes, it used to work properly but it did not show that the piston rings had warped after it had over heated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

No, the check engine light didn't work properly before.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys today I found the c/light fuse was blown, and all the other fuses, but I am still not getting CEL or spark on new spark plugs. Could it be that cam sensor is bad cause it does not appear to be giving enough magnetic force unlike the crank sensor. Thanks

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Could it be that cam sensor is bad cause it does not appear to be giving enough magnetic force unlike the crank sensor.
That's just because the cam sensor doesn't have a magnet inside and the crank sensor does.

Have you checked to see if the fuel pump is being switched on DURING CRANK? I think there is a fuel pump check terminal on the engine bay fusebox on the Getz. Check the label inside the lid for "F/P CHK". Connect your voltmeter to the check terminal and monitor the voltage during crank. You should get approx 10V if the pump is being switched on by the PCM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right. But you don't know why there is no spark.
Checking that the fuel pump is being switched on (or not) DURING CRANK might tell us why.
I understand that, I don't know if it is useful if I told you that I can hear the pump whining, cause the test light I had was borrowed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for the help, I guess my Getz might have to be stuck for the rest of my life, only because I can't get a spark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts